Tritium insert in QS sight

Discussion in 'Accessories & Gear' started by ed_l, Jul 18, 2012.

1. ed_l

ed_l New Member

I had a Tritium insert with a white outline installed in the front sight of my Caracal C. It turned out to work very well. In total darkness it seems to naturally index between the two rear sights. This is more than I can say for some other guns that I own that have tritium only in the front sight. I usally prefer three dot system with on tritium front dot and two rear dots, or even a single rear dot. But the QS sights seem to index perfectly with just the front tritium dot and always wind up with the front sight in the middle of the QS's rear blades or wings.

Here is a close-up from the rear of the gun:

[​IMG]

Below is an overhead view:

[​IMG]

2. okie67

okie67 Member

That looks real nice !

3. jaybee

jaybee New Member

Sweet! How much did it cost go have done?

4. Doc

Doc New Member

That looks great!

5. N.M.Edmands

N.M.Edmands New Member

Looks fantastic! Do you know if they had to machine the sight or can they fit it to the existing hole?

6. ddleatherworks

ddleatherworks New Member

7. ed_l

ed_l New Member

The sight work was done by Amerigunusa.com. They specialize in all type of sight work and tritium insert installation. I sent them the slide alone and they charged about $80ish for the instalation and around $20ish for return shipping. It came out to $100 total.

8. ace

ace New Member

Very good to know! :)

9. Firewire

Firewire New Member

http://www.heinie.com/information.php?info_id=22

* SE Alignment

It is a proven fact that the human eye can correct vertical alignment quicker then horizontal alignment.

The Straight Eight Night Sight Configuration consists of a tritium dot in the front and a slightly smaller tritium dot in the rear which glow in the dark (night sights). When aligning this sight picture, put one dot on top of the other dot making an elongated figure eight. Thus, the "Straight Eight". The tritium dots are green in color and have a ten year warranty.

[​IMG]