SHOT Show 2013

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gun.fm, Jan 15, 2013.

1. gun.fm

gun.fm Shutterbug

Day 1 Media Day

I'm posting this on the forum before I post it on AftermathGunClub.com.

The Caracal rifle looks well made, and though I did have the opportunity to use it, my hands were too numb to remember much. The safety is a push through shotgun type, as well as a back strap safety; which was actually an issue with my gloves on.

As you can see in the photos, the rifle does use the Caracal standard capacity magazines, no word on a future extended magazine. The rifle will be imported for civilian sales but is apparently pending movement from the "Taylor Group". This is per the booth spokesman, and I don't have any other details.

Merkel had a separate and combined booth with Steyr and Anschutz.

2. gun.fm

gun.fm Shutterbug

Day 1 Media Day

JJ worked the booth and spoiled my dreams by confirming the Caracal stocks are indeed difficult to come by - even for them.

3. Urban_Redneck

Urban_Redneck New Member

Thanks! Was the carbine... meh?

4. jhb

jhb Member

also curious on the carbine......was it interesting enough to look hard at it, or........?

thanks for sharing the shot show stuff with us.

5. gun.fm

gun.fm Shutterbug

The magazine release is the button you see on the forward position of the magwell. The buttons are so small that with gloves I really struggled to get the off. These are think Blackhawk gloves mind you. I do like the charging handle on the left side.

The firearm was nice, I like the feel of it over an HK94 or Beretta CX4 Storm. However, I prefer the B&T TP9 as an SBR or the USC converted to 9mm. I didn't get an MSRP but that will dictate how great it is for me. Aside from the backstrap safety, when using it with numb hands, I like it fine - but am not crazy for it.

6. Metal Bird

Metal Bird New Member

I would be interested in picking one of these up, and as you say, my interest will greatly vary depending on the Price available to me!

7. jhb

jhb Member

good info, appreciated. interesting feedback, as i kinda look at the beretta as being on the top of the mound of these pistol caliber carbines. when pricing is released i'm gonna have to look real hard at.

numb hands because it's cold, i assume? never a problem here in the swamps.....so i'm not worried about that. now something like hard to operate because it's slippery with sweaty hands...that would be a problem i could run into.:)

look forward to more of your shot show feedback. wish i could be there, but alas i can't............ so nice to live it through others.

8. okie67

okie67 Member

Good looking Carbine and wish I could have made the 2013 SHOT show.Thanks for the pics as well.

9. Urban_Redneck

Urban_Redneck New Member

Thanks for the pics, the carbine looks interesting.

More Gun Doll!

10. gun.fm

gun.fm Shutterbug

Her and I are at SHOT representing different companies. But she is around, here is a photo of her at the H&K booth.

11. gun.fm

gun.fm Shutterbug

I have some more photos to add when I have a moment. I met up with our fearless leader but we split up before I could snap any photos of us there together. What I have is better anyhow.

12. gun.fm

gun.fm Shutterbug

Girls of the Caracal booth.

13. gun.fm

gun.fm Shutterbug

That's right, a pink Caracal pistol above. The both attendants couldn't confirm it was something being imported eventually or not.

Here's some GunDoll, this is about the point I lost track of Predecessor's whereabouts.

14. gun.fm

gun.fm Shutterbug

Note the slide serrations on the Gold model.

Aside from what we are already familiar with, I saw a custom "silver" slide, custom "gold" slide with serrations, all black .40 with serrations, tan, and pink.

15. apvbguy

apvbguy New Member

this is all nice and all that, now will someone at caracal let me know when I can expect my pistol to be returned to me?
    I am the guy who had the problem that exposed the flaw in the gun and caused the recall. It has been almost 6 months, when do I get my gun back?

16. jhb

jhb Member

Glad you popped in. I was wondering if you got your gun back or the refund check, if you had gone that route.

Looks like you're sitting on your hands like the rest of us who opted for the gun swap.

Since there is talk of the return boxes shipping out after shot show...and your gun is already been sent in way back when....using logic I expect you will be the first to get your replacement gun back. If you don't mind update on the recall thread when you do get the gun so we know some action is happening on this. Thanks in advance.

17. Urban_Redneck

Urban_Redneck New Member

Great pics! The Gundoll looks pretty comfortable with the Caracal, does she own one?

18. gun.fm

gun.fm Shutterbug

No, but she has been considering one with quick sights.

19. gun.fm

gun.fm Shutterbug

You know more about it than I do, I didn't send mine back in.