Oh what the heck!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by N.M.Edmands, Aug 28, 2014.

1. N.M.Edmands

N.M.Edmands New Member

I keep stopping by to check on traffic here,occasionally I'll post something in an attempt to get a response. I can't be the only one that still shoots my "F" regularly, can I?
    Anyway, I just picked up a quick detach offset rail mount from Amazon to use with Surefire 6P. I reversed the clamping lever to mount the light on the left side of the rail and positioned the light so that I can operate the end cap with my support side thumb. I use a thumbs foward two hand grip and this works great! My club has a night match coming up Sept.6 and I'm spending this weeks dry practice time on retrieving the light from a pocket and slapping it on without muzzling my hand or fingers.[ makes ROs skittish] I also added a Cree LED bulb and holy crap does it throw a beam, even with 9 mo old batteries.

Attached Files:

2. pneuby

pneuby New Member

I sold mine, truth be told. I will await the new one, and see what their level of advertising and support for it will be.

3. N.M.Edmands

N.M.Edmands New Member

I can dig it. I'm beginning to doubt we'll ever see them.

4. okie67

okie67 Member

I still shoot both my Caracal F's. But it seems we might be in for a long wait to see anything new from Caracal.

5. tdocz

tdocz New Member

I never sent my C back but I haven't shot it either. This recall really sucks. A few months back I let a guy take some pics of my C with his tactical scope mount. He was generous to give me one of his mounts for my time. Alas, the mount will only fit the one pistol I own that I shouldn't continue shooting. Figures. Just my dumb luck...

6. N.M.Edmands

N.M.Edmands New Member

Up to you,tdocz.

If your "C" is not within the 'slide production numbers for the 'failed heat treatment' of the first "C" recall, I would shoot it. It would appear that all 'c's were recalled later because Caracal determined that it was easier to do a redesign than modify thousands of more drop safetys. if it was so dangerous they would have recalled all the 'F's as well, this was a business decision not a safety decision.
    You could still contact Caracal USA and probably get your original costs back or sell it, there were a couple of people here looking to buy "C"s.
    I'm not in a position to buy it but if I could I would in a heartbeat! Remember; there are millions of pistols out there that never had drop safetys.

[anything you'd trade for?]

7. tdocz

tdocz New Member

N.M., sorry for the late reply. I haven't checked the site for a while. I might consider a trade. Never thought about it before. I'd be open to exploring the idea. I was thinking about an AR upper in something other than 5.56, or an LP308 upper? An intriguing pistol or rifle maybe ??

8. jhb

jhb Member

Don't shoot my f. It's become a collector. Got plenty of steyrs and others I like as much.

Sure would be nice to see the new stuff get here.........

9. N.M.Edmands

N.M.Edmands New Member

Oops!

Sorry bout that, I don't have anything trade worthy and as I said, I'm not in a position to buy. That line should have been a suggestion. I threw it in out of frustration.