New member from NC

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by mig1nc, Feb 13, 2012.

1. mig1nc

mig1nc New Member

Hi everybody. Joined up here to get the latest news and information on the Caracal.

The F and C are both on my shortlist of next weapon purchases.

Pistols that I currently own & shoot are the Walther P99AS and the M&P40Pro.

2. okie67

okie67 Member

Welcome to the forums!

3. Predecessor

Predecessor New Member

Welcome mig1nc!

I'm a fan of the Walther P99 AS as well. Since you own both the P99 and M&P, which do you like best and why?

I think you will be a fan of the Caracal once you pick one up and fire it at speed. Let us know when you add one to your stable!

4. mig1nc

mig1nc New Member

Thanks!

Both of those are in .40 S&W for me.

I would say that I carry the P99 most days, I can shoot it more accurately, it conceals more easily, and it feels more natural in my hand than the M&P.

However, that being said, I feel the M&P is better optimized for the .40 round. Mainly due to its much lower bore axis. So I tend to be able to shoot the M&P faster with reasonable accuracy.

I also have an Apex FSS that I haven't installed in the M&P yet.

They each have their own advantages in different ways. Overall, I think I like the P99 better, but that could change once I install the new trigger in the M&P.

I am thinking about making the switch to 9mm and picking up two walthers (a PPQ and PPS) or two Caracals (either an F or C in QS, and eventually an SC when they become available).