New kydex holster for my Caracal F - Pic

Discussion in 'Accessories & Gear' started by stmcelroy, Feb 8, 2012.

1. stmcelroy

stmcelroy New Member

Just finished up a holster for my Caracal F. Clear "kydex" OWB holster.:D

[​IMG]

2. Firewire

Firewire New Member

Looks great! And appears to fit like a glove!

3. stmcelroy

stmcelroy New Member

Thanks.

I love kydex almost as much as leather and really enjoy building both.

The one thing that I don't like about other manufactures kydex holsters is how big and bulky they make them, plus i want the gun pulled in tight to my body. I'm pretty sure at this point that I will add these to my current holster business. ;)

4. Gary1911A1

Gary1911A1 New Member

I couldn't find your kydex holsters on your site. Are they Custom Orders? If so could you please give us more info and do you also make holsters for the Compact Caracal?

5. okie67

okie67 Member

Great looking Holster, you did a fantastic job.Looks like it fits like a glove. :)

6. Predecessor

Predecessor New Member

That clear look is...funky. And I mean that in a good way :p Not sure if it fits my tastes exactly but it's fun to see some thing a little different in a holster look! Nice job stmcelroy!

7. stmcelroy

stmcelroy New Member

It's not really my thing either, but I figured I had to try it out and needed a holster for my Caracal F. :D

8. stmcelroy

stmcelroy New Member

I've been going back and forth about adding them to my website, but probably will be over the next week or two.

For now they are custom orders, and I can do a Caracal C it would just have to be an open bottom holster.

9. Gary1911A1

Gary1911A1 New Member

Thanks, That works for me. I might even want to try a kydex in clear just for the difference although it might be more noticeable if my outer garment was blown back. I tend to over analyze things though. :D

10. stmcelroy

stmcelroy New Member

It really isn't any more noticeable than a black holster. I just ordered a bunch more of the mirage(clear) and black of this material.

Here are couple more pics taken in the daylight.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Gary1911A1

Gary1911A1 New Member

Thanks for the additional pictures. I like the way your holster hugged your hip without sticking out. I'll be in touch to get one for my Compact.

12. ddleatherworks

ddleatherworks New Member

13. stmcelroy

stmcelroy New Member

Thanks. Nice to see another leather holster maker who can appreciate some plastic too. :cool:

14. Urban_Redneck

Urban_Redneck New Member

I ordered my Digital camo set yesterday :D

Jim