My C Broke!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bigleaf, Nov 21, 2012.

1. bigleaf

bigleaf New Member

Just this afternoon... the slide locked back (with more still in the mag) and hasn't moved since. It ejected properly. The slide release isn't caught in any way. No bullet got jammed. The mag dropped free when I released it. The slide is aligned properly on the frame rails. It's just frozen. The last round it fired wasn't unusual in any way. It's just locked back and cannot be made to move. I'm at a loss. Perhaps this one will go back for the refund, but I still have an F. I wonder if I can trust that one? I'm left with a Glock 34 and a Bersa .22 for carry... not great.

Anyone heard of a malfunction like this?

2. Fight or Flight

Fight or Flight New Member

Thats weird for sure. Never heard of this and it never happened with my C. How many rds do you have thru it?

3. bigleaf

bigleaf New Member

Not exactly sure. If I hazarded a guess, I'd say not more than 4,000 rounds.

4. jhb

jhb Member

Trying to think what could hold the slide back? Does it have any play or is stuck fast and tight?

5. bigleaf

bigleaf New Member

Almost no play. A tiny bit. It's the darnedest thing.

6. jhb

jhb Member

Gotcha. Won't help you now, but when I get off family time duty, later tonight est. Ill take my f model apart and look at what could break and get n the way.

7. bigleaf

bigleaf New Member

I thought, perhaps, that the firing pin safety (it being so slender and delicate) might have not gotten out of the way soon enough, and got caught in the quickly retreating slide. Can't see in there, and can't get it to move in any way, so I'm just whistling in the wind.

If they're in on the Friday after Thanksgiving (I wouldn't be!) I'll ask them about it. Caracal USA, that is.

8. jhb

jhb Member

Yep that or the first thing I looked at just now....just got home from turkeyday duty.....is the firing pin tab(for a lack of a better term). Other than that it would have to be a bad break to have anything get jammed, from my quick look over. I'm just guessing too. Not much looks like it could or would get jammed up with breakage failure.

Sounds like you are gonna have to send it in.....good thing the recall boxes are coming up soon, so you won't have to send it in twice. Please update if you get ahold of the sai/caracal usa folks and get some insight tomorrow. Thank you Sir.

9. MrVvrroomm

MrVvrroomm New Member

Get out your calipers and check the barrel for a bulge.