Is the Caracal "ready to shoot"?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NevadaBob, May 16, 2012.

1. NevadaBob

NevadaBob New Member

Will be picking up my C today. Is it ready to shoot right out of the box? Or is a cleaning necessary? Obviously I'll be reading through the manual, but I'm just curious.

2. Firewire

Firewire New Member

I always do a thorough cleaning and lubing first, but I bet I could have taken mine straight to the range!

It was very clean upon arrival.

3. okie67

okie67 Member

I shot all of mine straight out of the box but check it first mine were pretty clean from the factory and a good cleaning doesnt hurt either.

4. ddleatherworks

ddleatherworks New Member

I shot two of mine straight out of the box also. As a matter of fact I think we ran a mag or two thru them out behind Waffen Werks the day i picked them up.

5. damBob

damBob New Member

Chad,
    We did a few mags behind Waffen Werks. Mine ran fine out of the box.

6. ddleatherworks

ddleatherworks New Member

Was it us down there that day? For some reason I was thinking it was Ellis and Chase when we picked up the second set of F and C's (I know to many Bobs). :)

7. damBob

damBob New Member

I think it was You, Ellis, Andy, and Me. That would have been a two Bob trip.

8. apvbguy

apvbguy New Member

I would give it a take down and look for and clear away any excess lubricant other than that it should be good to go.

9. NevadaBob

NevadaBob New Member

Upon take down, it is pretty dry. I posted a question re oiling in "The Smithy" section because the manual is very vague on oiling.