Hello from ALPINE, UTAH

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by portern, Mar 21, 2012.

1. portern

portern New Member

My name is Porter. I grew up in central North Carolina, moving away with my dad when i was 19. Now live in central Utah with my wife and two-year-old son. I work at Chick Fil A as a manager while I am also in school full-time. I have owned quite a few guns - buying, selling, trading, etc. before settling on a few favorites with which I am the most proficient. However, I currently only own and carry a Sig Sauer P229. I have been researching and looking for a lighter gun for carry again. After debating for the last several months on which to buy, I dropped by my favorite LGS, and picked up the Caracal C. I will be taking it to the range today to test it out!

2. okie67

okie67 Member

Caracals are excellent firearms Im sure you will agree once you get a few rounds down range.
    Welcome to the forum! Lots of info and good people here... :D

3. Predecessor

Predecessor New Member

Welcome Porter! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the pistol after you are able to put it through a few paces. The trigger, of course, is a Pre-set DA striker fired action -- very different than the traditional DA/SA pull of the Sig or H&K that you are so familiar with. Typically, I myself am partial to an SAO or DA/SA trigger system, never fully warming up to traditional Pre-set DA triggers (ala Glock.) Previous to the Caracal, the Steyr M9-A1 was my favorite PSDA trigger and then the Caracal took over the top spot. I find that it really shines when shooting at speed. Let us know what you think!

4. ddleatherworks

ddleatherworks New Member

Welcome Porter, the Caracal C is a fine weapon I think you will enjoy it. That being said your P229 is also an awesome handgun. I own and carry both. Either way you have two great handguns.

5. Auguste Capone

Auguste Capone New Member

Welcome! It's nice to have someone else local to me. I haven't had a chance to shoot a Caracal yet, but if it's anything like the Steyr you're bound to love it.