Greetings from North Texas

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by Motorjock721, Jul 8, 2012.

1. Motorjock721

Motorjock721 New Member

Hello everyone,

Just aquired my new Caracal F friday, I was able to go shoot 100 rounds through it yesterday. I must say I am very happy the way it performed. I have been in Law Enforcement for 25 years now, and have carried a very wide selection of duty pistols. (Sigs,Glocks,Colt 1911,Springfield XD).

I really like the way the pistol felt in the hand, the weight (light), the sight picture and the best of all,,the trigger, WOW!

I carry a FNH FNS 9mm right now and I plan to qualify with the Caracal during the next range day. I predict that The Caracal will be my primary Duty weapon.

I look forward to the interaction of fellow Forum members. Thanks

AB

2. EvilNuff

EvilNuff New Member

Welcome! Yay more north texas Caracal owners. :)

3. jdeloach

jdeloach New Member

Welcome to the team! I believe I speak for all when I say, thank you for your service protecting the people.

4. Predecessor

Predecessor New Member

Welcome to the forum Motorjock! I haven't had the opportunity to test out the FNS yet. How do the two (Caracal and FNS) compare? What do you like/prefer about one or the other? Thanks!

5. okie67

okie67 Member

Welcome to the forum! :D

6. Motorjock721

Motorjock721 New Member

In reference to the FNS,

It is a great gun, good ergonomics, changeable backstraps, the grip texture is pretty good-not too rough vs smooth. It has a ambidex, slide release, safety and mag release. I am left handed, but have been shooting for so long, I dont use any of that stuff for the left handers. My FNS is one of the first LEO guns released and came with nightsights and 3 17 round mags. It would be nice if every gun company would sell them like that.

I think the Caracal has the edge when it comes to simplicity. This is a gun fighters gun. Simple , robust,excellent point and shoot,,,,and the trigger,,,,,,,,light and clean breaking. Not mushy like other guns.

The FN has a pretty good trigger, better than any Glock I have carried, but I have to say, I really like the Caracal.

As soon as I qualify and am able to get an answer back from Safariland as to what duty holster is available, I will be carrying it on duty.

7. e_l_q

e_l_q New Member

8. ddleatherworks

ddleatherworks New Member

9. thejosed

thejosed New Member

First of all Welcome to the Forum

It is good to hear that someone with a huge experience carrying and using different type and model of guns is talking so good about a "new" gun on the market. I did a lot of research before buying mine, but everyday I read comments like this one and others I felt good about the decision I made.

Thanks and again welcome to the forum

Jose