Glock 19C Review

Discussion in 'Modern Handguns' started by plouffedaddy, Aug 31, 2012.

1. plouffedaddy

plouffedaddy New Member

Many of you read my FDE G19 review recently and the G19C is almost the same gun but with a compensated or 'ported' factory barrel. The colored items below are going to be specific to the C model, the rest will apply to both the G19 and G19C.

-Reliable (I address the recent issues in the video below)
    -Accurate (more accurate than 99% of the shooters that own one)
    -Durable (many reports of these guns going over 100,000 rounds with only a spring change)
    -Easy to maintain
    -TONS of aftermarket support
    -Accepts 15, 17, and 33 round factory magazines
    -Small enough to carry, but with a 15 round magazine
    -Glock's customer service is second to none
    -Durable finish
    -Cheap replacement parts, should you ever need them
    -Low Bore Axis resulting in a relatively soft shooting gun
    -Easily modified to fit the shooters' preferences-Requires very little cleaning/lubrication to run reliably (that said, clean your guns!)
    -Muzzle flip and perceived recoil are minimized allowing for faster follow up shots; although the G19 is a mild recoiling gun as it is

-Recent erratic ejection issues (I had one of these guns but Glock replaced it free of charge)
    -9mm Glocks are susceptible to 'limp wristing' (most semi-auto 9mm guns are however)-Comes with a serrated trigger (I'm not a fan)
    -The C model is much louder
    -The ported barrel may make your front sight turn black (mine doesn't seem to but I've seen others that do it after 2 or 3 rounds)
    -The ported barrel causes a slight (depending on the round) decrease in muzzle velocity

Here's a video with some shooting from the 12m line, a shot timer demonstration (of the muzzle flip), a table top review and discussion, a chronograph test with some popular defensive loads, and some shooting from the 30m line:

Chrono numbers:

147gr Hornady TAP: 973fps, 309 ft/lbs energy
    115gr Winchester Ranger JHP: 1092 fps, 304 ft/lbs energy
    124gr Federal HST: 1067fps, 313 ft/lbs energy
    124gt Speer Gold Dot: 1102fps, 334 ft/lbs energy