Gen4 Glock 35 Review

Discussion in 'Modern Handguns' started by plouffedaddy, Aug 15, 2012.

1. plouffedaddy

plouffedaddy New Member

[​IMG]
    Here's a quick synopsis of what I've found through a little over 1k rounds through my Gen 4 G35:

Pros:
    -Reliable (despite the internet lore, I have never seen any issues personally with Gen4 40 caliber Glocks)
    -Accurate (more accurate than 99% of the shooters that will own one)
    -Durable (I'm pleasantly surprised with the lack of finish wear on the inside of this gun, the newer Glock finish is holding up well)
    -Easy to maintain
    -TONS of aftermarket support; especially competition sights if you are looking to use this gun competitively
    -Accepts 15, 17, and 22 round factory magazines
    -Similar in size to a full size 1911, yet has increased capacity and is lighter (I realize it's a different caliber, just pointing that out as not to start a caliber war)
    -Glock's customer service is second to none
    -Cheap replacement parts, should you ever need them
    -Low Bore Axis resulting in a relatively soft shooting gun
    -Easily modified to fit the shooters' preferences
    -Requires very little cleaning/lubrication to run reliably (that said, clean your guns!)
    -Comes with 3 mags standard

Cons:
    -I'm not a fan of the design of the Gen4 backstrap system
    -Very little to no magwells on the market that can be used with the backstraps
    -More expensive than the standard size Glock pistols
    -I dislike the factory adjustable sights

Here's a video with some shooting on steel plates from the 12m line, the 40m (really 38m but I round up so it seems more impressive) line, a table top discussion with a demonstration of disassembly/assembly and a size comparison to a standard 1911, G22, and G23 followed lastly by a chronograph test:

G35 Video Review Link

Chronograph results:

Winchester Ranger 135gr JHPs: 1208fps, 437 ft/lbs energy
    Federal HST 165gr Bonded JHPs: 1114fps, 455 ft/lbs energy
    Federal HST 180gr JHPs: 1095fps, 479 ft/lbs energy

[​IMG]

2. Auguste Capone

Auguste Capone New Member

Thanks for the review. That's a nice bit of hardware.

I've never been much of a Glock guy myself, but I can certainly respect them. I just never felt like I had as good of feel with the Glock as I did others. Maybe I'll have to give it another try.

3. plouffedaddy

plouffedaddy New Member

I'm the exact opposite---I've always thought they felt right in my hand. That said, I've always though they were ugly as sin but they work well so they never bothered me.

But, if you don't like them no real need to give them another go. We live in the golden age of firearms (as I call it), there are a ton of reliable, accurate, easy to maintain guns available now. No need to have one that doesn't fit you...

4. okie67

okie67 Member

Nice review and video on the G35.

5. Auguste Capone

Auguste Capone New Member

It is great to have so many options. I have handled Glocks along the way that have had different grips that have felt better in my hand than the ones that I shot. I honestly haven't actually fired a round out of one since I was a very new shooter and looking for my first pistol. I was just thinking out loud there that a more experienced re-evaluation may be in order. Purely for educational purposes of course. I would never look for an excuse to go shooting...not me...never... ;)