Cleveland's Holster for Caracal

Discussion in 'Accessories & Gear' started by Predecessor, Oct 12, 2012.

1. Predecessor

Predecessor New Member

So the Hybrid Holster class has been popular for several years now. Yet, until now, I have never tried one out. I suppose it's primarily because I like to dress up my pistols in high quality custom leather. :cool: Just never been a fan of the look and feel of kydex. However, decided to give the Cleveland Holster a try since Bobby was good enough to mold them for the Caracal pistols...

Holster and mag holder arrived today and is smartly packaged as shown:

[​IMG]

While I still feel the hybrid holsters are somewhat of an eyesore, the quality and feel of the materials in this Cleveland holster is excellent. They included some locktite in the package to allow you to properly tighten the screws without having to run down to the gun store. Very nice touch!

One thing that I noticed about the Cleveland holster in comparison to other hybrids, is the size of the leather backing. As you can see, the pistol handle is also backed by leather. Not sure what I think about this design yet. On the one hand I can see how it might be more comfortable for carry, but on the other hand, find it a little harder to grasp the stock of the pistol during the draw. Give me a few days to wear it awhile before I pass judgment. ;) Maybe Bobby can chime in as to why he leaned towards this design concept.

[​IMG]

The kydex mold is solid and I like that it fits my C well, and covers and protects the right side mag release so I don't have to worry about a loose mag.

I also picked up an extra mag holster which is built of the same high quality - unfortunately, it does not fit the Caracal mags. :? I'm sure it's an easy fix though and I will check in with Cleveland's to see what they suggest.

[​IMG]

Nothing more to report until I wear the holster around for awhile.

[​IMG]

I like the fact that there are several cant options (something the other Hybrid Holsters typically don't provide) and will be trying a few different positions out to see what I like best. More in a week or so!

2. plouffedaddy

plouffedaddy New Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Just got mine (contest prize) today too. I'll be wearing it for a bit then I'll write up/shoot a review for it. Initial impressions are good though.

3. Auguste Capone

Auguste Capone New Member

Thanks for the review. I've been thinking about buying myself one for Christmas for my Steyr. One more reason that I need to swing by the shop. :ugeek:

4. jhb

jhb Member

got a Cleveland coming for my steyr c.....i picked the cut style cause i have a crossbreed without the cut and i find the extra leather, awkward.

looking forward to the Cleveland as i have and use the crossbreed for my 1911, and the brand "shielded holster" for my cz75 and 85 and glock 19.

so far in video and pics the Cleveland looks to be the best of the bunch.

i've found the crossbreed(mine is in horse hide) to be floppy and awkward. the shielded i like but i find the leather a bit thicker than i prefer and the kydex fit to be a bit on the loose side. i passed on the galco version as i can't imagine it would be any better than the crossbreed, but i could be way wrong?

i'm looking forward to the Cleveland, for my steyr c9. i'll report back after it arrives and i get some wear time with it. if it's that good and i expect it will be i'll be grabbing one for my caracal f.

5. cleveland

cleveland New Member

Thanks for the initial feedback!

Our design come from use and focuses on function and durability over appearance. This priority insures reliability that you can bet your life on.

I agree, that's why we call ours the Ugly Holster.

The thread locker is a must! Without it you will lose the screws. We could go with rivets like most of the other guys, but the ability to adjust the retention of the holster is very important in making it a lifetime product.

That is an excellent observation! Our comfort option (the standard holster) uses more horsehide behind the grip to make the holster as comfortable as possible. Once the holster has been broken in and molded to your body, it will feel like a second skin.

The cut option offers a more secure draw, but is less comfortable.

Both are great options and will function flawlessly if you train the way you carry.

Our mag holsters fit most mags, but not all. Check the back to make sure we sent you the right size, double stack 9mm/double stack 40, etc...

If the size is correct, shoot me a pm describing why it doesn't fit and we'll see what needs to be done to resolve the issue.

Takes a few weeks of daily wear to properly break in the holster.

6. Predecessor

Predecessor New Member

PM Sent

7. cleveland

cleveland New Member

How did the review go?

8. js415

js415 New Member

I have been thinking about ordering one of these. Most of my IWB are from Crossbreed, but they do not make a model for my Caracal.

These look to be just a good or better, so I might give it a shot.

I carry a C model, both with regular and Quick Sights.

Does anybody know if one holster will fit both models? I'm thinking if I order for the QS, then the regular should be fine

Thanks,

Jerry

9. cleveland

cleveland New Member

We design our holsters to accommodate both sights, so your covered.

10. js415

js415 New Member

Excellent news.

Thank you Sir.

Jerry