Caracal Sights

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Predecessor, Mar 1, 2012.

1. Predecessor

Predecessor New Member

Presently, there are two sight configurations for the Caracal pistols:

SS (Standard Sights) - A straight eight setup.

[​IMG]

QS (Quick Sights) - A front dot with dark serrated rears that are positioned forward of the chamber on the slide.

[​IMG]

Q1) While the straight eight configuration is not new, it is less common on stock pistols. Why did you decide to run with this sight configuration for the standard sights?

Q2) The quick sight configuration is certainly unique. Tell us how you came up with this concept.

Q3) You had mentioned previously that Trijicon made a tritium insert that would fit perfectly into the front sight of a Caracal. Can you identity that part and explain the process of trading it out with the stock white dot?

2. stmcelroy

stmcelroy New Member

Also is the front dovetail the same as any other manufacture(ie: Steyr or Sig)?

3. TheLionHearted

TheLionHearted New Member

I'm interested to know whether the Steyr M series Trapezoidal sights are better than the straight 8 or Quick Sights on the Caracal?

I really love the look of the Steyr's sights.

4. ryc3rz

ryc3rz New Member

I recently found a video on youtube where the person was saying that 3 dot sights will be available on Caracal pistols.
    I was surprised so I asked him about it in the comments. He replied that it's the information that Caracal rep gave him on ShotShow 2012.

Hear and read for yourselves:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yofQHnCJ ... ture=inbox

5. jdeloach

jdeloach New Member

Here is my personal opinion:
    The QS system is the fastest for short distances, but the Steyr Trap is quicker outside of 7-10yds. Where the Straight Eight system prevails, is accuracy once dialed in. The narrow gap on the rear sight makes for extremely tight shots.
    So.......
    Speed: QS(0-10yds) Traps (10-25yds)
    Accuracy: 8's ( just slower on picking up target)

6. Auguste Capone

Auguste Capone New Member

I personally love the trap sights on my Steyr M9. It does take some work to really dial in your pattern and know how to use them though. I can understand people who say they are not for them. To me sights are just like anything else, it doesn't matter what anyone else says, it's what works for you.

7. jdeloach

jdeloach New Member

After looking at the photos of the fiber optic front sights compared to the dot sight that comes on the stock Caracal, they look exactly alike. That being said, I believe I can cut and drill a stock front to accept a fiber optic rod.
    Hmmmm.....now I just need a spare to try this on.

8. ryc3rz

ryc3rz New Member