Caracal Long-Range Accuracy?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chris Rhines, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Chris Rhines

Chris Rhines New Member

After a long wait, I took delivery of two Caracal F pistols and spend Wednesday evening testing them. Both of them turned in disappointing groups at 25 yards (8"+ extreme spread, lots of vertical stringing.) At the same distance, I can keep ten shots inside 4" with either of my Glock 34s.

Has anyone spent any time testing their Caracal out at 20+ yards from the bench, or better yet from a Ransom Rest? I'm trying to determine whether this is a problem with all Caracals, just my Caracals, my ammo, something about my technique, or what-have-you.

The entire range session - https://multigun.wordpress.com/2012/11/ ... rst-shots/

Thanks,
    Chris

2. Predecessor

Predecessor New Member

Hey Chris,

Hard to help you determine from the armchair. Not sure of your technique, skill level, etc.

Haven't tested my Caracals from 25 yards. I primarily work with pistols from 15 Yards in. Offhand and slowfire, I shoot my Caracals more accurately than any other striker fire pistol - and that is with the Quick Sites.

My initial reaction to everything is trigger-pull. But without being there to test and handle personally I can't say for sure.

3. Chris Rhines

Chris Rhines New Member

Predecessor -

What kind of slow fire groups were you getting at 15 yards?

The trigger on the Caracal is so nice that I almost refuse to believe that it could be the cause. That said, it is a new gun, and I've only had it for a few days.

-C

4. Urban_Redneck

Urban_Redneck New Member

It took me a while to get used to the Caracal sights, groups are much rounder now ;)

YMMV

5. todd44044

todd44044 New Member

I am a new Caracal owner. Will receive shipment of mine in two days. I am excited needless to say. New guns= Real Thrill. I decided to purchase one based on an indoor range outing after renting a type F with white dot sights. I shot it at ranges from 7 yrds out to 25. My groups at 25 yards were < 4''. I think possibly you may need some time with the Cracal to get used to the new feel. Sounds like youre familiar with the Glock. They mustve been out of everything else when you went to buy a handgun, haha(just kiddin). Give yourself a few range trips. I think you will learn to love it. IF not..... I may be interested in buying them =) . Good Luck and God Bless

6. coolbox

coolbox New Member

I only have 125 rounds through my C.

Distance: 25 Mtrs
    Technique: two hand hold (right hand primary), deliberate fire, standing
    Ammo: Chinese Red Box 311, 115gr.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

One shot was my mistake, otherwise I think reasonably accurate from 25mtrs. In fact, I would say very good accuracy actually by SD standards. Rest depends on the shooter. Since I shot it after using the TS, the 'acceptable' trigger needed some getting used to!

Distance: 25 Mtrs
    Technique: two hand hold (right hand primary), deliberate fire, standing
    Ammo: Chinese Red Box 311, 115gr.

[​IMG]

I think the accuracy of this weapon, considering that it is a combat weapon, is very acceptable. Infact, I would rate this as very good accuracy.

7. Chris Rhines

Chris Rhines New Member

coolbox - I would also consider that level of accuracy very good for a service pistol. So far, neither of my Caracals have been able to equal it.

-C

8. coolbox

coolbox New Member

Chris Rhines
    I have tried 3 Caracals, F, C and C-QS. I found them all very accurate, all more than me. It was always me making some sort of error. One of my friends, who is in LEA, was in UAE to assess them for his division, and he (being a very good shot himself, better than me) had only good things to say about the Caracals at their shooting range in UAE, some of them had over 10k rounds through them.

I have come to the opinion that most combat weapons are capable of very good accuracy, but not all are that easy to shoot accurately with. I am only half (or a little more) as accurate with the Caracal as I am with my CZ75 variants!