Caracal F

Discussion in 'Accessories & Gear' started by Armando1228, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Armando1228

Armando1228 New Member

Anyone know where can I can get a replacement guide rod for this model I'd like to have a spare

2. Predecessor

Predecessor New Member

I will check in with Caracal and see if I can round some up...

3. ddleatherworks

ddleatherworks New Member

I have a couple of them for the C and F at Waffen Werks I need to pick up. I'll ask Keith if he has anymore left when I go by there and I'll let you know.

4. Armando1228

Armando1228 New Member

Really nice thank you, the front end of the Caracal F guide rod on mine is chipped a little at the tip.

5. Firewire

Firewire New Member

I emailed Keith a few days ago and he didn't have any for the C model. Hopefully he can help on the F. I too wanted an extra, but to have it converted at BT Guiderods into a Stainless steel one.

I would guess that spring is a standard spring, but I just don't know enough. We can count the # of springs, but I would guess there is more to it than that.

6. ddleatherworks

ddleatherworks New Member

I was looking at a Walther PPQ the other day and the recoil assy looks alot like the Caracal I did'nt have my F with me so I could'nt compare them side by side. I did have my C with me and it was a little bit shorter than the Walther but it may be close to the F. The spring and rod was made nearly identical to the Caracal so I'd say you're right about the springs being standard.

7. Firewire

Firewire New Member

The gentleman at BTGuiderods replied back to me that he thought it looked very similar to the Steyr M or S as well.

8. okie67

okie67 Member

I will get my PPQ and model F out tomorrow and check the spring difference,I know the PPQ and P99 are the same.I would highly recommend getting a guide rod made from BT guide rods,Bill does some very fine work.

9. Armando1228

Armando1228 New Member

I also sent Steve bedair an email here in Texas to see if he could make me a guide rod for the F model.

WWW.stevebedair.com