caracal f any changes made between the ww and sai versions?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jhb, Aug 6, 2012.

1. jhb

jhb Member

hi to all. i wanted to introduce myself in the new forum member section, but to be honest i couldn't wait to get some insight into my questions....i hope ya'll don't mind? and my questions are....well the thread title says most of it.

i just got a caracal f, been wanting one since they were announce few years back or so. finally got one last week. standard sight f version. came stamped on the trigger guard waffen werks. so i'm wondering now if sai has or is importing version f's in standard sight configs? if they are is there any changes made to the pistol from the original waffen works versions imported?

thank you in advance.

j.h.

2. jdeloach

jdeloach New Member

Re: caracal f any changes made between the ww and sai versio

They are the same, just different stamps. I have one of each (WW & SAI), and they are identical.

3. jhb

jhb Member

understood, thank you Sir.

4. Predecessor

Predecessor New Member

There are early some US imported F models that are WW marked that have the slide releases that stick out more than later imports that have a slide release that contours down towards the frame.

5. plouffedaddy

plouffedaddy New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Does mine have the longer slide release?

6. ddleatherworks

ddleatherworks New Member

Yes yours does have the newer slide stop. The older ones did'nt roll over they just about stuck straight out and were extremely sharp.

7. jhb

jhb Member

thanks to all for the info. follow up question. didn't the roll pins get changed at some point? or was that an aftermarket fix? seems i remember seeing early on loose roll pins coming out, and some sort of new style roll pin to replace it with? although my memory isn't great and my google searching is coming up weak right now. thanks!

8. plouffedaddy

plouffedaddy New Member

Thanks; I have never seen the other ones. Learn something new every day I suppose...