Caracal C Standard vs QS

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 8th ID, Aug 24, 2012.

1. 8th ID

8th ID New Member

Can anyone who owns both tell me if the Standard sight C model and the Quick Sight C model can use the SAME holster? Thanks.

2. ddleatherworks

ddleatherworks New Member

If the holster is built for the QS, the standard sight will fit also. But it usually won't work in the reverse order (too much difference in the slide dimensions).

3. 8th ID

8th ID New Member

DD--

Thanks for the info.

4. ddleatherworks

ddleatherworks New Member

No problem, anytime I can help just let me know.

5. stmcelroy

stmcelroy New Member

+1

It might work, but definitely better to be safe than sorry. ;)

6. mig1nc

mig1nc New Member

I asked on the old Caracal USA Facebook page before it was taken down and the dude tested a QS in a standard Bladetech holster and he said it fit fine.

I've never tried it, but I thought I would let you know what was said.

7. pneuby

pneuby New Member

Bought a rig for my standard. Stopped off at the dealer who had a QS in stock, and it was no problem. It seems like with most rigs, there has to be enough room for the front sight to clear during the draw. The rear is simply not taking up much extra room.

8. tfunster

tfunster New Member

I just recieved a compact with the quick sights and already had a full size with the standard (straight 8) sights. I had purchased an Old Faithful IWB holster for the full size and I can tell you that the compact fits into it OK. The biggest difference is the fact that the trigger guard on the C is about 7/16" shorter than on the F model. (I'd not seen this mention before when comparing the two) This difference makes the compact model bottom out (in the holster) on the front of the grip underneath the trigger guard whereas the full size bottoms out on the front of the trigger guard.
    I think that either one would carry fine in this holster but may not fit quite as well in say a Crossbreed IWB because of the Kydex wrapping around more of the gun.