Anyone Still Shooting C Series Outside Recall #'s?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by omroi2001, Apr 7, 2013.

1. omroi2001

omroi2001 New Member

Is there anyone still shooting their Caracal C 9mm that are not within the recall numbers?

2. stinkysix

stinkysix New Member

I still shoot and carry mine daily, I have over 5200 rds thru it and I do drop and impact testing at every range session and I have had no problems.

3. omroi2001

omroi2001 New Member

So the slide that basically blew up was just an isolated incident? Is that the only one known that has happened? I bought one just recently, 2nd hand, and the old gent says he has never had a problem with it.

4. N.M.Edmands

N.M.Edmands New Member

How to determine if your Model C pistol needs to be exchanged:

Remove the slide from the pistol, following the steps given in the user manual for your pistol. On the inside bottom of the slide you will find an engraved batch number starting with SC, as shown in the photograph below.

Only slides with batch numbers from SC188- to SC222- are covered by this recall and have to be exchanged.
    If you own or have access to a Caracal Model C pistol covered by this recall, PLEASE DO NOT LOAD OR FIRE YOUR PISTOL. Contact customer care to arrange to have your Model C pistol shipped to Caracal. We will replace your pistol and return a new one to you free of charge as quickly as possible.

If you sold or transferred your Caracal Model C pistol, please contact customer care and provide us with the name and contact information for the person to whom you sold or transferred it, so that we can notify them of this recall.
    How to arrange to have your Model C pistol exchanged

Step 1 - Contact us and provide your name, address, telephone number, the serial number of your Model C pistol, and the batch number on the slide.

For Customers in the United States:
    Contact us at 205-655-7050 or info@caracal-usa.com
    Step 2 - We will send you a pre-paid shipping label and package with instructions so you can return your Model C pistol to us FREE of charge.

Step 3 - We will ship you a new Caracal Model C pistol, FREE of charge. When we do, we will also send you a FREE magazine to thank you for your patience and cooperation. Again, we will make every effort to return your new Model C pistol as soon as possible.

5. omroi2001

omroi2001 New Member

N.M. Edmonds, My slide doesn't fall under those numbers. I still called Caracal and they told me that they were going to eventually send me my packaging materials to send the pistol back and have it replaced. But my question is are there any of those "C" owners that are still shooting theirs, that does not fall under those numbers but yet were told that they are going to be receiving a refund or a replacement anyways?

6. okie67

okie67 Member

ALL pistols fall under the drop recall and that includes every model.Caracal is replacing each model as they get them in.The first round was the Caracal F (QS) and I was told within the next few weeks it will be the model C (QS).

7. omroi2001

omroi2001 New Member

Oh, Ok. I guess there are two recalls. One for the trigger and one for the slide. I was told that they were going to replace the entire gun even though the slide doesn't fall between the recall numbers. Thanks for clearing that up. I'm new to the Caracal pistol.

8. N.M.Edmands

N.M.Edmands New Member

omroi2001 , I'm still shooting my "F"[>3000 rds]. If it's clear of the slide recall just be aware of the drop danger and keep on truckin. :eek:

9. Nudnk

Nudnk New Member

I am. Mine is a C ss, at this rate I'll be getting a shipping box sometime in the next millenium. I don't have a slide issue, so I see no reason not to.
    I won't let anyone else handle it though.

10. Urban_Redneck

Urban_Redneck New Member

I was happy to see my C model's slide was outside the batches that are suspect as it's my favorite carry piece. I have nearly 7000 rounds through my F and just replaced the recoil spring to keep it chugging along til the recall box hits my doorstep.

With the exception of the C slide scare, the recall and the delays in recalling haven't had much of an effect on my life or my shooting schedule. I confess to having a chuckle at the folks with their panties all in a bunch banging on Caracal's facebook page... some of them are wrapped a bit too tight to be taken seriously.

11. Series80

Series80 New Member

My Series 80 had a some kind of recall , I think that was when I about 5000 rounds through her , now after 20,000+ rounds I cant seem to remember what it was , must of been nothing , I have close to 7000 rounds through my Caracal C and Im not really concerned with the recall, hell my Hummer H2 had some recall awhile back as well , didnt have time to turn it in! Im not saying the recal is bullshit but its not worth the time turning in my daily driver , Hey Caracal send me a hat or a tshirt , that will fine! I can always use an extra mag as well. Also if you have a C , I use a don hume holster for a g19 , fits perfect! just saying!

12. omroi2001

omroi2001 New Member

I'm starting to hear that the new pistols that Caracal is sending in lieu of the recall are having problems. I for one have shot the Caracal C9 that I have even after the recall was announced. My pistol does not fall under the slide recall but it still falls under the trigger replacement recall. I have been shooting my C9 and it is smoooooooth. No malfunctions no stove tops. I bought this pistol 1 to 2 days prior to finding out about the recall. After confirming that my slide is not part of the recall, I went to run 200 rounds through the pipe. I love it. Depending on how many people are having bad experiences with the new pistols being sent out, I just might keep mine. Nothing is wrong with mine. I guess as long as I don't drop mine, I'll be just fine.

Love My C9

Caracal C9
    Steyr M9
    Steyr M40-A1

13. Shuutr

Shuutr New Member

Still shooting. Never stopped. It has the best trigger of all polymers I have tried.

14. 717jak

717jak New Member

I have never shot and old Caracal, but the one I have, with the new style trigger is on its way back to Caracal for repair. Besides the safety catching, it has the worst trigger of any gun I own.

15. Coriano

Coriano New Member

Hello everybody,

I am a novice shooter in IPSC.
    I started a year ago with a gun Caracal C QS.
    I have never stopped shooting despite recalls.
    In Past November I broke the firing pin in a dry fire practice.
    It's a rather strange fault, but I could buy a replacement kit in my country and solved my problem.
    Outside of this problem, I can indicate that its performance has been flawless, even better than many Glocks I've seen in the Polygon. I have burned more than four thousand cartridges with my Caracal
    There are many limitations in my country to buy weapons. In this moment I can´t buy a Caracal F, I think it's best to compete, really I recommend it.
    I invite you to watch my videos and also discuss:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VtKIx3Q7i4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfGXfRS8YIc

Greetings to all.

16. Two Guns

Two Guns New Member

I still shoot my old Caracal C with quick sights and I also carry it.
    I got sick of waiting for my return box. So I am just going to keep my Caracal and keep on shooting it.

17. Coriano

Coriano New Member

I still shot my gun Caracal C QS

I want to share with you all my experiences in IDPA using my Caracal pistol.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHoUJxlEwws[/ame]

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOmf4SB2OeY[/ame]

I welcome your comments
    Regards

18. jhb

jhb Member

^Nice shooting. You are a lot braver than me shooting that recalled pistol.

19. Coriano

Coriano New Member

Caracal company still works?

A question to the forum members: the Caracal company still works?
    The website (www.caracal.ae/) has not been changed for months.
    The Caracal USA Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/CaracalUSA) account not written anything since February this year.

20. N.M.Edmands

N.M.Edmands New Member

Just sent the following E-mail to Caracal USA.[10:52 AM 9/04/14]

"As the owner of an exchanged Caracal F I am happier with than the original, and I was thrilled with that one.
    I'm hoping you can tell me when and if the new models will be available, also if parts and accessories for existing guns are still or will become available. I dont require any now but with my round count increasing weekly I'm sure I will in the future.
    Thank you for your time, Nat"

Will let you know if/when i hear back.
    Check: 5:55 PM 9/05/14] nothing.
    Mon 09/08/14 6:59 AM; -- Edmands, the new model pistols will be available sometime in 2015 but we do not have an exact time yet. Also at this time we do not have any extra parts for the Caracal pistols. Once the new pistols are out on the market you may be able to find parts at that time.

Thank you,
    Caracal USA
    www.caracal-usa.com
    office 205-655-7050
    fax 205-655-7078

Last edited: Sep 8, 2014