An e-mail from Caracal

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by js415, Nov 4, 2012.

1. js415

js415 New Member

New member here. Left my intro in the "members" thread....

I got my e-mail back from Caracal asking about the recall, and they asked a question that has kind of got me thinking.

In my original e-mail, I told them I had 4 pistols, 2 of each size, and gave them the serial numbers.

They sent some info back, and asked me specifically if any of my models were "Quick Sights". Would it make a difference? Does anybody know?

Thanks,

Jerry

2. N.M.Edmands

N.M.Edmands New Member

I was asked this on the phone, and perhaps the recall means a change of firing pin housing assemblies. They would need to know the ratio to send the correct number of assenblies. I beleive this and the slide itself are the only things different for each size. :?:

3. tfunster

tfunster New Member

Wouldn't this be the type of thing that a manufacturer keep track of based on the serial number? So thet if you supply the serial number, they would know the percentage of QS vs. standard sights.

4. N.M.Edmands

N.M.Edmands New Member

You would think so, but we're workin here with a manufacturer in Abu Dahbi and multiple short term importers on these shores. Plenty of room for confusion, and just being sure?