Which to buy? F or C

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by stmcelroy, Jan 23, 2012.

1. stmcelroy

stmcelroy New Member

Looking at picking up a Caracal soon and wondering if the F or C is more recommended? I'm looking at this mostly as a range gun, but may occasionally carry it.

I've owned just about every gun possible over the last 18 years and have finally settled on Glock as my primary weapon of choice, but am just looking for something a little different to try out.

I'm a holster maker and will add this weapon to my builds if demand is there. The nice thing with the F is I can build holsters for both the C & F.

I've heard some of the F's have had issues and maybe have a worse trigger than the C's. I saw a video where an F was having issues with the trigger not resetting, not sure if that is a common problem or not.

2. ddleatherworks

ddleatherworks New Member

The F and C are both great guns, I have 2 of each I use one of the the C's as a carry gun quite often and have never had a problem with it or the F's. As far as holsters we are in the same boat there isn't much demand but I do pick up a few orders here and there for the Caracals mostly overseas though. I do hope Caracal sales take off a here in the U.S. but who knows.

3. stmcelroy

stmcelroy New Member

Caracal F and 2 spare magazines have been ordered..... :mrgreen:

4. 8th ID

8th ID New Member

Congrats!! I have the 'C' and really like it. As soon as budget allows, I'm thinking about picking up a 'F' also. Have fun!!

5. stmcelroy

stmcelroy New Member

Got it for $407 shipped so I figured I couldn't lose. :cool:

6. 1999cutiger

1999cutiger New Member

PM Sent.

7. damBob

damBob New Member

A freind had the trigger reset problem with a F. A shell fractured and a bit of brass jammed the trigger. I can not fault the gun for that.

8. stmcelroy

stmcelroy New Member

Went to the range today and shot the Caracal F along side my Browning Hi-Power, Glock 17 and Glock 19Gen4.

Ended up putting 66 rounds through the Caracal without any issues. Gun shoots high at 15 yards but would probably be right on at 25 yards. The rear sight could stand to be opened up a bit to get a little day light on the sides of the front sight, might look into having it opened up.

In my hands the Caracal F and Glock 17 were really close accuracy wise, i'd say with a little more time the Caracal would be able to consistently shoot better for me than either Glock 9mm I have.

All in all, very happy with the purchase and how the gun shoots.

Now time to build a holster and work on carrying it.

9. 8th ID

8th ID New Member

Congrats on the 'F'. My 'C' now has a little over 300 rounds through it now. Zero issues.

Glad that you like it. Yeah, I would like some more daylight in the rear sight also. But my sights are dead on.

10. stmcelroy

stmcelroy New Member

I'll probably just deal with it.

Wonder if I could find a front night sight or fiber optic sight that would work with the factory rear?

11. Gary1911A1

Gary1911A1 New Member

Try www.caracal-usa.com/ They have a fiber optic front sight on their site.

12. stmcelroy

stmcelroy New Member

Thanks.

It's just a XD/Sig front dovetail cut so i'll probably just end up ordering one on-line.

13. Gary1911A1

Gary1911A1 New Member

That's good to know as Dawson likely has thinner sights that would allow more light on each side of the rear sight notch.