When will the sub compacts be coming out?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fight or Flight, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Fight or Flight

Fight or Flight New Member

Anyone hear when we can expect the SC?

2. ace

ace New Member

I don't know but now I have a long list of things I want: a 9mm Carbine, SC model, and the caracal sniper rifle and, hell why not, might as well get a C too all to go with my lonely F model. :cry:

3. stmcelroy

stmcelroy New Member

Don't know, but I can't wait. :mrgreen:

4. EvilNuff

EvilNuff New Member

I emailed caracal to ask that same question a couple weeks back with no reply. My C QS is quickly becoming my favorite gun and I was going to buy an m&p 9c but would really rather have the Caracal SC at this point.

5. accgds

accgds New Member

I wouldn't bother with the m&p 9c. The Caracal C is nearly the same size, and far more fun to shoot. Wait for the subcompact or get m&p shield or a sig p938.

6. EvilNuff

EvilNuff New Member

Well the biggest reason I am looking at the m&p 9c is because my caracal is simply not reliable. I get FTEs causing a double feed around once every 200 rounds. This is with 4 different types of ammo so it isn't the ammo.

7. accgds

accgds New Member

Not sure what would cause that. I've had no problems at all. They really do shoot better then the m&p did. But I had zero failures with the m&p also.

8. stmcelroy

stmcelroy New Member

Have you tried to rule out a specific mag being the problem? Normally it's either ammo or magazines causing these kind of issues.

9. EvilNuff

EvilNuff New Member

That is an excellent idea. No I have not yet tried that but will definitely so so.

10. stmcelroy

stmcelroy New Member

I've noticed some of the Caracal mags I own have very light sprung, like where a round can fall out if it's the only one in it.

11. accgds

accgds New Member

In the you tube reviews I saw someone mention gripping high can cause the thumb to hit the slide lock. I have never had that happen. That might be something else to look for next range session. If that is the case it only requires modifying your grip. Hope that helps!

12. Series80

Series80 New Member

Im curious just what Caracal considers a a sub compact , Im not really into subcompact unless it has the "big" mag extension and then really whats the point right? I will probably get the CZ Rami instead! I have the C and that is a compact , hell the F could actually be a compact as its smaller than most duty guns I really like the Caracal I see an F in my future but not so much the sub!

13. stmcelroy

stmcelroy New Member

Cut a 1/4-1/2" off the grip and slide and that would be a SC.

No real reason for a sub-compact if you're going to add a huge extension, just stick with your C.

14. N.M.Edmands

N.M.Edmands New Member

I have an "F" that has replaced my Glocks and after spending decades shooting 1911s and them I have been having problems as you describe. Shooting high/ forward thumbs,[riding the safety on 1911s] I block the slide stop on the F. :oops: I have tried to change my grip , but find I slip back to what is comfortable and works for me .
    I have always trained to go over the top @ slide lock so I'll be trimming the lever back on the Caracal. Just enough to keep my fat a^^ thumb from interfering, yet still allow administrative use of the lever. :|
    Edited to add: What a dummy, I just realized the base topic of this thread! Having no interest in a sub-compact, I apologize for the thread drift. :roll: