What's going on.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by N.M.Edmands, Dec 8, 2013.

1. N.M.Edmands

N.M.Edmands New Member

Now that we're back up does anyone have any info as to whats going on with Caracal?
    SAI Caracal website USA website is gone. All 'Cs' were bought back, and new weapons [very interesting] are on the UAE site. Information from these people comes at the speed of dark.

2. Mark G

Mark G New Member

The lady to whom I spoke at Caracal, told me most of the effort was being put into trying to complete the recall of the Cs & at the same time they are trying to replace the Fs that trickle in for the first recall. The new 660 series on their web site was not expected to hit the US market until summer 2014. She said that they were not sure that Quick Sights would be an option on any of the new series pistols. I really do like the QS.

3. okie67

okie67 Member

Same here the lady at Caracal said they were still trying to get all the Model Cs in,but I haven't had contact with them in months.I did receive my refund check for my Model C (QS) it took about a month to get it.
    My Model F (QS) got replaced under the recall and I decided not to send in my standard Model F and I think she said the Quick Sights are not coming back.My refund got spent on a Steyr L9-A1,guess we will wait and see what Caracal comes out with at Shot Show in 2014.

4. Mark G

Mark G New Member

Okie67, how do you like your Steyr L9? I bought a M9-A1 & really like it. Soft shooting & accurate. I miss my C with QS & bought an F, unfortunately it is not QS.

5. Sparky

Sparky New Member

Good lord I can't even believe I still want one. But I do. My local dealer had one several months ago but couldn't sell it to me because it was a recalled model. They jerked him around so much on a replacement gun, after a few weeks he told them just to give him his money back. In the mean time I'm enjoying my FNS 40 I bought instead! Hopefully next summer I can buy a Caracal if they don't totally ruin the companies reputation by then.

6. okie67

okie67 Member

The L9-A1 is nice,the accuracy is amazing and has a good trigger as well.[​IMG]

7. coolbox

coolbox New Member

I sold my caracal c before the recall fiasco. Unlucky buyer. I only sold as I could not shoot as well from it as with my CZs. Caracal has done a decent job here I pakistan, and they are refunding the money to all gun owners, first such case in the history of my country.
    I hope they come back a changed company.

8. pneuby

pneuby New Member

I guess that's ONE advantage to having some BIG oil-wealth backing your product. I do hope they get through it, also. No one wants to be stuck with a also-ran pistol, even though we know they rock. I'm guessing they've radically changed the name of the model so that eventually there will 'distance' between them and their F/C forebears.

9. Auguste Capone

Auguste Capone New Member

Okie,
    How does the L9 compare side by side with the M9-A1? I love my M9-A1. Still my primary carry option.

10. okie67

okie67 Member

Here is a side by side comparison between the L9-A1 and M9-A1.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Auguste Capone

Auguste Capone New Member

Thanks. It looks like mostly just the barrel length.

12. KYclear

KYclear New Member

Not all C's have been bought back. When I learned about the recall. I thought I'd wait and see what people thought of the guns(trigger) when they got theirs back. Taking the money wasn't an option. I've probably put the better part of a case of ammo through it since then:eek:. So did anyone ever get "fixed" guns back?

13. N.M.Edmands

N.M.Edmands New Member

No "cs" were repaired or exchanged,Caracal offered to buy back ALL "Cs". This was the update to the first "C" limited # recall. None of this affected the previous "F" recall in which they bought back or replaced certain serial numbered guns. I had my "F" replaced and am pleased.

UPDATE
    Caracal Model C Pistol Product Safety Warning and Recall Notice
    Caracal International LLC previously instituted a recall of Caracal Model C pistols on March 28,
    2013 for batchnumbers from SC188
    -
    to SC222.
    Caracal is now issuing this recall of
    allModel C pistolsin all markets, following the completion of
    a full investigation. Caracal is initiating this voluntary recall of Model C pistols because the
    safety of its customers is paramount.
    This recall affects all Model C pistols, including but no
    t limited to those with serial numbers
    which start with the following letters: HM, AA, AD, AG, CA, CB, CC, CD, CE, CF, CG, CH, CI,
    CJ, CK, CL, CM, CN, CP, CR and CS.
    If you own or have access to a Caracal Model C pistol,
    PLEASE DO NOT LOAD OR FIRE
    YOUR P
    ISTOL
    . Please contact Caracal customer care immediately to arrange to have your
    Model C pistol returned. Caracal will provide you with a full refundof the purchase price of your
    Caracal Model C pisto
    l
    or vouchers for othe
    r
    Caracal products. Unfortunately, the
    potential
    safety issues cannot be addressed through a repair of the Model C pistol and all Model C
    pistol?s must be returned for refund.
    Step 1
    ?
    Please contact customer care in accordance with the below details and provide your
    name, address, telephone
    number and details of your purchase.
    For USA Customers
    Contact us at +205
    -
    -
    7050 or info@caracal
    -
    usa.com
    For International Customers
    Contact us on +971 4 21 22 055 or recall@caracal.ae
    If you have sold or transferred your Caracal Model C pistol t
    o any other person, we ask you to
    please contact us in any event and provide us with the name and contact information for the
    person to whom you sold any Model C Pistolso that we may alsonotify that personof this recall.
    Step 2
    ?
    Customer care will conta
    ct you to arrange for a refund in accordance with the above.
    We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause and thank you for your patience and
    cooperation.
    Thank you.
    CaracalInternational LLC

14. KYclear

KYclear New Member

Thanks for the update. I don't know what I'll do now that I know it won't be replaced. I have multiple Glocks, a Ruger SR9c,Walther PPQ, FNS-9 and have had an XD and an M&P, but the Caracal C is my favorite striker fired polymer and I shoot it the best. I love the extra low bore axis for double taps etc.Not that 9mm has much recoil, but it shoots more like a .22 lol. I am the fastest with that gun out of all of them on the plates even more so than my modified Glocks. I might keep it for a range only gun. The recall for my serial# was for the going off when dropped. I've never dropped a gun yet.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2014
  15. N.M.Edmands

N.M.Edmands New Member

I can dig it, my original "F" was one recalled but until I made the decision to exchange it I continued to use it for another 1000 rds My opinion ,if yours were mine, I would call Steyr about returning it for the refund. With the "Fs" returned they were paying all your costs+ taxes. Some have posted that they even bought aftermarket accessories such as holsters and mag carriers. worth the call, then you can buy another brand or wait for import of the 661.{has a replaceable rear sight}

Last edited: Jan 2, 2014
  16. Ivan244

Ivan244 New Member

I received my refund check and purchased a Steyr M9-A1. Nice pistol but the Caracal C still has the best trigger I've tried in a polymer pistol. So I now have a Glock 19, Steyr M9, anxiously awaiting the CP 661. It looks like what Caracal has done with the CP 661 is change the slide and the sights to dovetail to allow for after market sights.

17. Sparky

Sparky New Member

Creepin'..... Still lurking, waiting for the new release.

18. tdocz

tdocz New Member

I still have my C as well. I really don't want to get a refund. I want the darn pistol. Of course, no resale value, possible liability if it were to inadvertently discharge, etc. Ugh! What to do, what to do...

19. portern

portern New Member

I'm definitely keepin' mine. :D

20. KYclear

KYclear New Member

I'm still undecided.