What the HE##!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by N.M.Edmands, Jun 2, 2015.

1. N.M.Edmands

N.M.Edmands New Member

Has anyone else seen this E-mail from "Caracal USA"?:eek:
    Looks like new Caracal offerings will not be until available sometime next year.:roll: Are the "Fs" coming this month going to be recalled again later?:confused:
    Will parts be available if not?:confused: I am getting a headache!:???:
    Anyway here is the letter I received.
    Caracal USA is continuing to move forward with the establishment of a fully functional US based subsidiary of Caracal International. While this process relies on many bureaucratic agencies and departments and their processes can take as many as 3 months to complete, and are contingent on the completion of the other. We are doing our best to expedite the tasks and clear as much red tape as possible.

We have chosen a commercial space, which will house our initial operations. At this point we are in negotiations with the property owner and hope to have a signed lease agreement in the next week or two. From there, we will submit for all required licenses and insurances required to operate.

While the intention of this operation is to fully and independently support the US commercial market, we are still very much reliant on the International office for start up support. This includes sharing the offices of legal, finance, human resources, and marketing. We very much look forward to a time when Caracal USA will be able to make rapid decisions and act on opportunities that present themselves. Until then, we will continue down the path we have laid out which, at the moment, includes big news and projected product availability at SHOT Show 2016.

In regards to the ongoing recall efforts, the recall center is processing refund and replacement requests on a daily basis. It is important to note that the people answering phones and processing the recall are not employees of Caracal USA or Caracal International. Caracal International has secured the services of a third party to facilitate the efforts. For this reason, the recall center does not have answers regarding product availability, product pricing or anything beyond the scope of the recall for that matter.

I would also like to clarify the complete refund and replacement processes as there have been recent questions and misconceptions surrounding it. First, the refund option is still our suggested option for those who have not yet sent in their recalled units. This process is currently taking 45-60 days from the date the recalled unit is received in the recall center. Once the unit is received, the recall center verifies the request and confirms that all information is provided and complete. Each request is logged and filed by date received. At the end of each month the recall center generates and submits an invoice to Caracal International. The invoice is processed by the finance office of Caracal International and once approved the funds are released to the recall center. Once the recall center receives the approval to cut checks, the checks are written and released within hours and are mailed directly to the customer. Our current delay is the 30-40 day approval process we are experiencing with the International finance office. I understand that this lag in cutting checks is unacceptable. I have requested assistance from the International office to find ways to speed up the process and hopefully limit the turn around time to no more than 30 days.

The replacement option, which was re-introduced by Caracal International in May, is continuing to move forward. While we had been told by the International office that we would be in possession of the first batch of replacement pistols by the end of May, the first 100 units will not be shipping from the International warehouse until the 4th of June. We anticipate taking possession of them on or around the 15th of June. These units will all be model F pistols with the standard sight option.

I would like to thank those of you who continue to show support for Caracal and apologize to those of you who have not received the proper care and customer support you deserve. Please know that my team and I are working closely together to ensure that once the Caracal USA operation is functional, that we never repeat the missteps from before. We do not intend to make promises and fail to deliver. As you can see from the activity in the last 3 months, I believe in a transparent and communication based relationship with our customers. I will continue to update everyone on the status and growth of Caracal USA through monthly updates and I ask that you please follow us on Facebook at Caracal USA and Team Caracal.

Sincerely,
    Jeffrey W Spalding
    Caracal USA
    Copyright © 2015 Caracal USA, All rights reserved.
    You are receiving this email because you opted in at our website, http://caracal-usa.com

Our mailing address is:

Caracal USA
    2530 Morgan Road
    Bessemer, AL 35022

2. jhb

jhb New Member

Nope hadn't seen that yet. Thanks for posting. I don't believe anything they say anymore. Empty promises after empty promises.

If i get my f replaced great....if i don't, i have one interesting collection piece highlighting the debacle that was caracal. I can live with either way.

3. N.M.Edmands

N.M.Edmands New Member

:rolleyes: Latest update:
    State of the Company - July 2015
    View this email in your browser

Caracal USA

State of the Company
    July 2015 | Caracal USA
    As we head into July of 2015 the mission of establishing a fully functional US subsidiary is our prime objective. We have encountered minor set backs in regards to the commercial property and have had to begin scouting a new location to house our base of operations due to delays in lease signing which caused the initial locations property owner to accept another tenant before we where able to finalize our agreement. While this will delay our move in schedule, it will not delay our overall schedule of commercial market availability, which is anticipated to be the first quarter of 2016.

The enhancements to the Caracal Model F pistol have been finalized and the revised product has been dubbed the “Caracal Model F Enhanced” or Model FE for short. As previously discussed this model includes all of the original ergonomics, shape, design and functionality of its Model F predecessor, but now incorporates a reshaped two pin trigger with trigger safety as well as a one piece “slide guide” component, which will not only further reduce felt recoil, but will also extend the life of the pistol and increase its durability.

We had anticipated the first shipment of 100 Model FE Standard Sight pistols to be shipped from the International factory on June 4th, however this shipment has been delayed by 4-weeks due to a missed delivery deadline from a small parts supplier. These units are to be used as part of the ongoing recall effort and will be the replacement pistols for customers wishing to receive a Model FE in place of their affected Model F and Model C pistols. We will certainly post an immediate update as soon as we receive the Airway Bill followed by another update upon receipt of the pistols at our Recall Center. We will also be using these new pistols as part of our social media marketing campaign with updated images coming soon to all social media outlets as well as updated website images of the Model FE.

Caracal FE Pistol
    Photo of a production prototype Caracal Model FE (enhanced) 9mm semi-automatic pistol manufactured in Abu Dhabi, UAE.

As the tip of the Caracal USA spear, these small setbacks and delays are very frustrating. I know there are a lot of folks out there who are counting on us. Let me reassure you that Caracal will succeed. Having been in the industry for over 10 years and having watched the trials, tribulations and successes of so many other established and highly recognized brands, I know that what we are experiencing is not out of the ordinary when working on a project of this magnitude. I also understand that from the outside looking in, it seems as though the process should be simple, quick and easily navigated. That is a misconception that is only proven through the process of dealing with governmental agencies from multiple countries in an effort to make two entirely different legal, financial and commercial systems mesh.

We have received a phenomenal amount of emails, phone calls and social media messages requesting distributor, dealer and end user purchases. We sincerely appreciate the support and we are all doing all we can to satisfy these in a professional and effective manner. If you are a dealer and you have customers seeking our products, please direct them to our website and social media sites so they can also stay informed. If you are a distributor seeking purchasing options, please continue to follow our updates and maintain contact with us through the website and email so that we may best facilitate your needs once we are able.

In closing, I ask you to please continue to support Caracal USA, Caracal International and the entire firearms industry by staying positive, staying engaged and staying active in your local communities.

Sincerely,
    Jeffrey W Spalding
    Caracal USA

Copyright © 2015 Caracal USA, All rights reserved.
    You are receiving this email because you opted in at our website, http://caracal-usa.com

Our mailing address is:

Caracal USA
    2530 Morgan Road
    Bessemer, AL 35022

:confused:

4. stillstanding669

stillstanding669 New Member

9mm CC-10 Carbine

Will the Caracal USA site ever get these for sale, or am I really keeping the F model mags for nothing? All I ever read is recall or delay postings!

Trying to stay positive, but these guys are really making it hard. I am one of the last guys standing in my group of shooters for now!

5. N.M.Edmands

N.M.Edmands New Member

Another. Ya-ya OK

Caracal USA
    State of the Company
    August 2015 | Caracal USA

As you may already be aware, we have had to select a new location for our Caracal USA headquarters since the previous location was leased to other tenants before we could finalize an agreement. I am happy to say, however, that we’ve already found a new suitable location and we’re currently in negotiations with the property owner to finalize a lease agreement. If all goes well, Caracal USA could be in the new offices by the end of September.

The shipment of Caracal Model F Enhanced pistols, which was originally scheduled to be delivered by June 4th, is now expected to ship from the Abu Dhabi factory by August13th. We anticipate taking receipt of the first 100 Caracal Model F Enhanced standard sight pistols on Monday August 24th. As previously discussed, these initial units will be issued to customers affected by the recall, who opted for the replacement option.
    July was a very productive month for Caracal USA, as we’re currently working with the international finance office in Abu Dhabi to effectively streamline Caracal USA’s purchasing processes. We’re also working to establish an operations budget as we push forward towards 2016.

Also, I have received multiple phone calls, emails, and Facebook messages from customers who have been waiting for the refund checks to be processed and sent out. In the past, we have experienced processing times of 60 to 90 days. However, at the moment, and for some unknown reasons, the current processing times are taking over 100-days. We agree, this is too long to wait for a refund. So, we’ve worked closely with the international office to introduce some changes to the process that should result with payments processing much faster, and will alleviate the wait for any future refund payments.

While my primary responsibility is to oversee the operations of Caracal USA and establish an independent subsidiary devoted to the U.S. market, I am also an avid shooter and outdoorsman. Keep up with me over at the Team Caracal page where you can find updates from the various Precision Rifle Series events and other testing and evaluation programs for products that I’ve completed on behalf of Caracal. For instance, the most recent video posted was shot very impromptu during a random range day while I was getting ready for the Arizona Tactical Precision Rifle Challenge. The video shows what the .308 projectile is truly capable of without the editing magic of most YouTube videos.

I sincerely hope that these updates are serving to keep you all informed on our progress and demonstrate that Caracal is indeed committed supporting the U.S. market.

I look forward to updating you with more news and progress very soon. Thank you for your continued support!

Sincerely,
    Jeffrey W Spalding
    Our mailing address is:

Caracal USA
    2530 Morgan Road
    Bessemer, AL 35022

6. Urban_Redneck

Urban_Redneck New Member

I miss my Caracals. I had hoped to own a Caracal pistol again. Right now, I'm happy I took the refunds.

I'm certain Jeff Spaulding is a nice guy, but, asking us to follow his exploits shooting another Caracal we can't own, strikes me as.... tone deaf.

YMMV

7. damBob

damBob New Member

I got a phone call on the 26th with a buy back offer for my pistols. $519 for a QS I think it was 34.95 for extra mags. They didn't have a price set for the speed loaders. I may sell the 2 I have fired back. I think I will keep my unfired pistols.
    Later Bob

8. jhb

jhb New Member

well it's next year now and still nada..........maybe 2017.....?:)

9. N.M.Edmands

N.M.Edmands New Member

10. jhb

jhb New Member

I really should. Im starting to become that old cranky grouch.

That aside it sure would be nice to get to shoot a caracal again.......one day...maybe next year or the year after

11. N.M.Edmands

N.M.Edmands New Member

You get out this way and you're welcome to shoot mine. I'll even supply the first 200 rds.:D

12. jhb

jhb New Member

Very generous. I couldnt accept though. One it wouldnt be right while im sitting on over 5k of 9mm myself. The other is i still have my total recall f. im just not shooting it. I dont trust it. The other other is im across the country in floriduh. although ill be in cali for a couple days on business soon. Still too far from az.

Naw im stuck waiting for the total recall to happen when it does, or to cash in. If i cashed in id have nothing to complain and whine about though, and where's the fun in that?;) someone has to be the whiner.

13. portern

portern New Member

Wow, its been a while.

I miss my Caracal C. I kinda want another.

14. N.M.Edmands

N.M.Edmands New Member

Just checking around!

Cue the Duck.gif

15. jhb

jhb New Member

Im still here.

If you're looking for caracal.......well................;)

16. jhb

jhb New Member

Im tempted to keep my recall replacement and hang it on the wall on a custom built plaque explaining the history of how i had a caracal, they recalled it and made me wait forever, finally replaced it then recalled it again and how im still waiting for a working and safe pistol.....ill add engraved years as the wait goes on and if i ever get what they owe me and promised ill engrave the final date it shows up. Ill have to give up the second recalled pistol for the new one, but somehow ill bet that new one gets recalled a third time and ill be able to keep my plaque story running. Years later when im on my deathbed ill tell my boy to donate the plaque and gun to the nra museum. So all can enjoy the lunacy of this company.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
  17. stillstanding669

stillstanding669 New Member

Maybe it's just me, but I bought the original F Model and never really had any issues with the weapon. I learned about the recall for when the pistol was dropped on concrete in a particular way or angle that it would fire a round. Having been in the military (USARMY) and grown up with weapons all my life I see that as something someone had to try to do! I have never dropped a loaded weapon on a range, nor do I ever expect to do so. However, there is the recall, second recall, and I still too have my F Model. I do shoot it, but not with any rounds that are "hot" and never with a +P at all. I have never had the weapon fire unexpectedly, haven't had any problems at all to speak of. I have shot about 500 rounds through it at various times, had it apart for cleaning, and back together ready for whatever I need it to do for my house.

Folks can hate all they want, but I personally think this all started about where the weapons are made, rather than the failing of the pistols in the first place! Who drops a pistol that's loaded on concrete at this particular angle, and videos the whole thing? People can stop their whining and grow up. I can't wait until they actually do get the CC10 over here, and I'll keep my F Model---It is working just fine for me!:p

18. jhb

jhb New Member

^you obviously never have seen or are aware of the breaking slide and hitting you in the face issue. The drop and fire was just for starters.. the breaking slide and hitting you in the face was the bigger issue. Poor metallurgy and design of thickness of the slide is the biggest issue. All that army training aint gonna help you keep your teeth from getting knocked out or your jaw from being broken etc. Feel free to keep shooting it though. Make sure you wear a hockey mask if you want to keep your face intact.

19. N.M.Edmands

N.M.Edmands New Member

The only pistols recalled for the broken slide problem were a small number of 'Cs' initially. [ Only slides with batch numbers from SC188- to SC222- are covered by this recall and have to be exchanged. If you own or have access to a Caracal Model C pistol covered by this recall, PLEASE DO NOT LOAD OR FIRE YOUR PISTOL. ] Then the full recall was initiated on ALL for the drop safety concern!
    On my own 'F' I was unable to duplicate the failure using primed,empty cases, but I could see how it could occur because of the mass of the drop[firing pin] safety. With the correct angle and force inertia could pull the arm outward releasing the pin and allowing the spring to drive the pin into the primer. Again, with primed cases, I found that @ pre-cock distance the primer would ignite every time! I kept lowering the spring rate until no more ignition. 1200- 1500shots later no failures, but a very nice ,4lb pull.
    Being an old fart I grew up without drop safety's on my pistols.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2016