update on recall form 2013 replacement

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jhb, Oct 18, 2016.

1. jhb

jhb New Member

from an email i just received today...Oct 18th 2016

UPGRADED MODEL F REPLACEMENT PISTOL AVAILABILITY

Caracal USA is pleased to announce the availability of Model F recall replacement pistols in the United States.*Delivery of the Model F replacement pistol will be dedicated to those customers affected by the 2013 product recall.

The Caracal Model F has been subjected to upgrades including a redesigned trigger safety, trigger bar, firing pin unit*and a machined one-piece Multi-Function Unit (MFU). These enhancements increase*both the safety and durability of the Model F pistol, while maintaining the same overall ergonomics and exterior aesthetics.

Effective November 1, 2017 Caracal USA, LLC will move all recall and customer service operations to our Boise, Idaho offices.*

If you are a customer affected by the previous Caracal Model F and C product recall and have opted to trade your Model F and/or Model C pistol for a Model F replacement pistol, please contact the recall center at recall@caracalusa.com or by phone at (208) 323-8727, *Monday thru*Friday,*8AM to 5PM MST.

ABOUT CARACAL Caracal USA is a wholly owned subsidiary of Caracal International and the exclusive importer and manufacturer of Caracal products in the United States.*http://caracalusa.com* --> Copyright © 2016 Caracal USA, All rights reserved.
    You are receiving this email because you opted to receive corporate communications from Caracal.

Our mailing address is:

Caracal USA

6051 W Corporal Lane

Boise, ID 83704

2. N.M.Edmands

N.M.Edmands New Member

Holy Crap! Movement=progress? Got the E-mail but you beat me here.
    Going to call them and see if I can just swap pistol for pistol and keep all my accessories.*

*and turn around time.:rolleyes:

3. jhb

jhb New Member

^yep, just barely though. i was gonna try to look up your email and give ya a heads up, but then i figured youd be all over it before i figured out your email.;) looks like this blind squirrel found a nut.:)

progress, yes Sir.......but let's see how long before guns make it to our hands.......hopefully im still alive.......

4. jhb

jhb New Member

accidental double tap. sorry....see below...

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
  5. jhb

jhb New Member

general request for those of us left on this board .....

anyone hears anything from caracal...not personal info of course...please post it here for those of us left...myself included.....ill do the same. ive sent an email to them already but havent heard anything back yet. i will update if i hear back. thanks y'all.

6. jhb

jhb New Member

ok. sent email. made contact with Jeff via phone. hell of a nice guy. need to send them my serial number. boxes to return pistol shipping around nov. 1st. then new pistol ships. we get to keep our existing mags and holsters. per Jeff new guns will work with existing mags and holsters etc.

caracalusa is gonna be factory owned. no longer 3rd party importer. looks like american manufacturing might happen. i expect things are on track now and maybe good stuff to come. that's what i learned today. hope its helpful for y'all that are still around.

7. jhb

jhb New Member

new update........got email notification of my box to return my recalled f is being sent out today from caracalusa. so not sure how long it will take to get the new one, but i'll update when i get it all done and receive the new one.

8. clw

clw Junior Member

Got my exchange boxes today!

Do I hear an amen?

9. jhb

jhb New Member

yes Sir. got mine as well. shipping it back soon. cant wait to try out the new one.

10. okie67

okie67 Member

Good to see Caracal finally do something.Hope you guys get replacement pistols soon.Got the latest issue of Recoil magazine and saw a Caracal add,made me a little excited again.

11. jhb

jhb New Member

mailed mine off today. let's see how long before the replacement takes to get to my door.

12. jhb

jhb New Member

new gun showed up today. looks very similar to maybe the same, but the trigger safety is very different but not in a bad way. came with 1 extra mag

quicky pic of gun..

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
  13. clw

clw Junior Member

Caracal FE

Gained a bit of weight (1/2 oz)

Trigger will engage if you pull on the side of the shoe first, prior F would lock up.

I thought the FE was going to have Glock compatible rear sights? It's the same combination backplate/sight.

I miss my QS C, had the best trigger of them all, sigh

Attached Files:

14. clw

clw Junior Member

15. jhb

jhb New Member

nice dig up on that shot show. also thanks for the weight.

on the serrations and rear dove tailing.....guess something changed or these recall send outs where left overs before the changes went into production. havent shot mine yet...soon hopefully

16. clw

clw Junior Member

Yup, that's about it. They said the Shot Show carrot was what the made in America version will be. Our replacements came from UAE production.

17. jhb

jhb New Member

weirdly i kinda like that i got a closer to the original in looks and setup and from the uae.

18. portern

portern New Member

I sent in my F for replacement on 12/8. weather has bogged it down, so it took forever to get to Boise from SLC, and now it's sitting in Boise waiting for Caracal to pick it up at UPS.

curse my impatience! This would have to happen to me. :D

19. jhb

jhb New Member

^least it's finally happening. got to look at the silver lining....:)

20. portern

portern New Member

post deleted.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016