This Happened in Pakistan

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Leon, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Leon

Leon New Member

2. MrVvrroomm

MrVvrroomm New Member

That is a picture of an ammunition malfunction.

3. Metal Bird

Metal Bird New Member

The problem is that they put the magazine in backwards :shock:

4. Auguste Capone

Auguste Capone New Member

I missed that. :lol:

5. Urban_Redneck

Urban_Redneck New Member

I am curious as to why the pistol looks to have been buried. Otherwise, I'm happy the shooter has recovered.

6. Metal Bird

Metal Bird New Member

I wondered that too. Looks like it was put thru one of those endurance/torture tests and they finally got it to break after dropping it off of the Burj Khalifa!

7. jhb

jhb New Member

I read through the thread at pakguns. Ill paraphrase for those who aren't heading over to read the thread....owners shot around 250 rounds, although not all at once I believe. His brother shot the pistol, the gun broke apart. His brother was injured in the head. Appears he survived and will recover which is the most important thing.

Anyways gun was dropped when it broke apart and was left in the dirt at the farm while the owner took his brother to the hospital an hour or so away. The pieces were collected the next day.....Hence the dirt and random puttng back together and backwards magazine.

It also seems the owner was shooting some kind of chinese ammo....not sure what kind or whatnot, but from reading it sounds allot like what we call reloads, and we all know what can happen on double charged or over charged reloads. My guess is the slide developed stress cracks from the ammo and finally hit a real hot round and failed. Although its not like caracals quality control has been 100% perfect as we all know here, so........

The good news is appears the owners brother is gonna be okay and caracal has taken an interest finally in looking into the failure.

Edit part...and thank you Leon for bringing this over and to our attention. Greatly appreciated Sir. Almost forgot my manners....

8. Leon

Leon New Member

Now it is clear that the slide failed. It is not ammo fault rather it is weapon which failed. Let's see how Caracal respond to this.

9. Leon

Leon New Member

Sir, You are always welcome. Thanks for you input here and on Pakguns. And thanks a lot for taking it seriously. As you may have read, it is weapon which is faulty. Now we have really serious issue, larger than safety failure issue which caused recall. Let's see how Caracal respond to this.

10. jhb

jhb New Member

thank you Sir.

yes Sir, i did read the follow ups on pakguns from my last posting and understand the slide was defective. lots of good info and folks over there. i look forward to learning more from y'all.

agreed completely. i hope caracal makes it right for the op over there and all of us, if needed.

11. Metal Bird

Metal Bird New Member

Well Sh*t. I hate to now second guess shooting my Caracal, bad enough I have to worry about dropping it and now the slides are failing and blowing apart and I have to worry about shooting it too.
    I just took the time and read thru that whole thread. That is unfortunate to hear about the injured and pleased he is doing well.

I hate to be a Debbie Downer but I am now rethinking maybe I should refund my package rather than replace it under our current recall.
    How much time do we have to decide on which way we want to swing?
    It may be a freak accident but I do not want that to happen to me or even worse one of my kids or someone else I may let shoot it.

What do others think?

12. MrVvrroomm

MrVvrroomm New Member

I have fired over 5000 rounds through several different Caracals. I have not had a single issue with any of them.

I was down in Tennessee for, what was basically Caracal's US debut. We went 20K rounds of American Eagle 9mm ammo. We had zero failures in the 14 guns we used.

Shoot more, worry less.

13. jhb

jhb New Member

I am wondering the same thing, will we see more slide failures? I'm a gambling man by nature though and I'm gonna take the risk of keeping the replacement I get from the recall vs. The refund. 1 main reason....lots of caracals sold across the world...so far 1 slide catastrophic failure. The odds are in our favor right now......but that said I wouldn't look down on anyone who has had enough. After all there are steyr c9 s9 m9's and glock19 17's and fn's fnx fns's and s&w m&p's and sa xd xm's. Walther pps ppq's, and the list goes on and on. Too much competition to own a gun one isn't comfortable or feel confident with, imho.

14. Metal Bird

Metal Bird New Member

I recently got my Steyr C9 and am thrilled with it, actually am kinda liking it more than the Caracal, to me the grip feels a lot better and more comfortable, that has a great trigger on it too but I think Caracals edges that out. I have other guns here to shoot around with, its not like it is my only pistol or the pistol I rely on in daily carry. I don't carry the Caracal and I don't shoot competitive with it, to me it is a fun nice unique to have gun.

Sure I am overreacting but I am thinking that as long as there is the opportunity for the company to buy back my setup at full price, maybe I should do so. Then reinvest that return into the next gun on my list as I wait for them to straighten out these issues, maybe wait for them to be putting out Gen 2 or Gen 3 versions. I know I read that they are already making improvements and slating them to be implemented in future makes of the models. I will definitely get the SC model if and when that is available here, that is the one that interested me the most when I first came across these.
    I know they have been making these for like 6 years now and they are just relatively new to us here and there are unthinkable numbers of rounds put thru them all over the years and only a few failure reports so far ... better record than I think most of the popular makes and models out there...

Just sitting here thinking out loud...

15. Leon

Leon New Member

You guys are lucky that you can think about replacement. For us, Caracal is the only pistol available at reasonable price i.e. USD 650/-. Where as, over here CZs cost around USD 1,000/-, Glock around USD 3,000/-, Bereta Px4 around USD 3,500/-, HK P30 USD 4,000/- and HK USP around USD 4,500/-.

16. caracalized

caracalized New Member

caracal ................

a big mistake

17. lotsagas4u

lotsagas4u New Member

Glocks blow up all the time, nothing new here.

18. Urban_Redneck

Urban_Redneck New Member

I have close to 5000 rounds through my F including 500 Ranger +P, I'll shoot it again tomorrow :D

Hysterics aside, any gun made, can be blown up. A report of one, that has not been examined by a qualified engineer means next to nothing.

YMMV

19. Series80

Series80 New Member

I just finished 1500 rounds through my Caracal , listen all products have a fail safe , you think every single Apple phone works or wont break? Every car runs flawless?" just because one breaks (while using hot re-loads no less) ,doesnt mean Im throwing in the towel , but if thats all it take sell me your Caracal Ill buy it , I need an F , cant wait for a .40 , .357 sig and a .45 (caracal)

20. clw

clw Junior Member

Pakistan incident changing your mind?

OK, has anyone flipped from an exchange gun to a refund since the Pakistan affair?