Taurus 24/7 G2 9mm

Discussion in 'Modern Handguns' started by boylit, May 20, 2012.

1. boylit

boylit New Member

Since we 1st took this pistol to the range earlier this month, we've received nothing but bad mouthing from most shooters around here... Everything including "it doesn't shoot straight", "picky with bullets", "breaks easy" and "only idiots buy Taurus"... Usually it's because a cousin of a friend of someone he/she met at a concert read something on about those things happening on the net...

If we'd been told all that at the time my wife was looking to buy a gun, we might've ended with something else...

I guess we were lucky that G2 has served us well. Eating 1000 rounds of everything we've fed it from Armscor FMJs to Hornady JHPs to a whole lot of handloads in the last 2 weeks since we 1st shot it...

The day we got the pistol, I started a blog to document all the woes we were expecting to go through... Happily, I've yet to post a bad experience...

The blog's at http://247shooter.blogspot.com/ if someone else is interested in how we've been doing with the pistol...

[​IMG]

-----

A big positive of going through this experience with all the "advice" and "comments" given to us, I learned to watch out which ones are said by people who know what they're talking about as opposed to fanboys...

If not, I'd have ended up with a more popular pistol as advised me instead of the Caracal that I ordered.

Comments I've heard/read since ordering the Caracal has been "Why'd you order that?", "They go rusty.", "You should've gotten a Glock.", "You can still cancel that order and buy the 2nd hand [put brand here] I'm selling."

I'll be starting a blog of my experience with the Caracal F QS when the pistol gets released...

2. boylit

boylit New Member

With the arrival of the Caracal, the Taurus 24/7 G2 is now exclusively my wife's pistol. Today at the range, I'm amazed at how comfortable she's gotten with the gun.

Read about it in the blog.

[​IMG]
    Click the image.

3. jdeloach

jdeloach New Member

Your pics never fail to amaze me!

4. Predecessor

Predecessor New Member

Well said boylit - At the risk of sounding narcissistic, I've always found that the best "opinion" with regards to firearms, is my own :twisted: I find that I can learn far more about a pistol by owning and shooting one than I can from an individual who says that they heard from a friend's cousin's uncle who happens to be the ultimate shooting authority, even though none in the lineup have personally handled the gun.

That being said, it's never a bad policy to listen to the advice of others. But ultimately, your own personal experience with a firearm should trump all. Congrats on your successful Taurus ownership!

5. ace

ace New Member

Absolutely, gentlemen. We also have to remember that there are always FAR more bad reviews than positive.

The happy customers are off shooting their guns and are not bothered to leave a review but those with negative experiences now have some free time on their hands and they are sure going to tell you about it.

I recall a certain story about a miracle worker that cured the lepers and only one of ten came back to thank him -- 1 positive review for 9 negative sounds about right. ;)

6. Predecessor

Predecessor New Member

Excellent point :!: