Strike One

Discussion in 'Modern Handguns' started by okie67, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Firewire

Firewire New Member

That is nice looking!

Slow website though.

2. Riogrande481

Riogrande481 New Member

Looks like an interesting new locking system. Kinda looks like a Caracal with a long barrel and lots of extra texture added. I bet it will be a while before we see any of these guns in the USA.

3. machinegunnertim

machinegunnertim New Member

What's the latest on this pistol?
    I can't find any new info on it beyond S.H.O.T. Show.

4. N.M.Edmands

N.M.Edmands New Member

Strike One and out.

Still awaiting import approval with projected date "sometime" 2014.
    Probably somewhere in the $1000 +/- range.
    Interesting, but meh---.
    [although they may just beat Caracal at screwup and duh.]

** The distributor listed at Arsenal's web site for Canada has nothing.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 15, 2013
  5. N.M.Edmands

N.M.Edmands New Member

Strike One was at the 2014 Shot Show. Polymer and alloy receivers, in multiple colors, Still not imported yet.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBvtD-09Oi4[/ame]

6. gun.fm

gun.fm Shutterbug

They go on sale in Q4 of this year to Italian citizens. They hope for approval in the US this year, but that was what they told me last year. I'll have a new article up about it on TFB in the next 24 hours, but it won't say much more than what I just told you, except that the price is outrageous! I posted about the system last year here http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2013/01/22/inside-arsenals-strike-one-pistol/

Max Popenker has actually used it http://mpopenker.livejournal.com/1478669.html

7. gun.fm

gun.fm Shutterbug

Did they give you that price range? They wouldn't commit to any estimate when I spoke with them but their newsfeed (on their official site) lists them at 3k euro. I thought they meant the double barrel 1911, but it specifically states the Strike One in that sentence. http://www.arsenalfirearms.com/news/7 (at bottom):

"The Ergal Strike One will be available to the world markets from fall 2014 in limited quantities, for the very selective competition shooter and collector alike, at a street price in the 3.000 € class (4.000 USD)."

8. N.M.Edmands

N.M.Edmands New Member

My bad.:[ That figure was something I heard from an otherwise uninformed source and I should not have used it in my post.
    Forgiveness requested,

9. N.M.Edmands

N.M.Edmands New Member

gun.fm, good to see you still hangin in here. $4000 USD--Ouch and I'm out.

10. gun.fm

gun.fm Shutterbug

I was hoping they had told you that, I believe the first run in Italy might be higher cost than the later production.

I pop in now and again, I'm glad to see the site moving forward. I have some photos from SHOT but nothing really interesting in the Caracal area.

11. N.M.Edmands

N.M.Edmands New Member

Would you have anything on the new Remington R51 pederson? That has also piqued my curiosity.

12. gun.fm

gun.fm Shutterbug

The R51 has some styling queues off of the Vektor CP1. The trigger reset is zilch, half the demo guns didn't operate, I'm not exaggerating. The R51 needs some tuning and seemed to be rushed for SHOT.

I just got word back on the Arsenal polymer framed pistols, they are expected to be closer to $800 US. The $4k is for the first run of billet aluminum framed models. Commentors keep correcting me that $4k is for the double-1911, but it isn't, I'm getting the news right off of their official website.

13. N.M.Edmands

N.M.Edmands New Member

Thanks for the info.
    $800 is more inline with the$1K rumor I spread. Well we shall see.

14. N.M.Edmands

N.M.Edmands New Member

15. okie67

okie67 Member

16. N.M.Edmands

N.M.Edmands New Member

Okie, does your dealer have them in the store? Are they being delivered to shooters?
    Thanks for the info. Nat

17. okie67

okie67 Member

I have not made it down to OKC yet this fall.Thinking about calling them after Xmas is over and go check them out.Just been busy with work and not much time off but will let you know when I get the chance.

18. N.M.Edmands

N.M.Edmands New Member

Went to their website and found, under inventory; "We are Arsenal’s FIRST and premier U.S. dealer. We received the first shipment of double barrel 1911’s and we will also be receiving the first shipment of “Strike One” pistols. Arsenal will announce when the first U.S. shipment will arrive. We are anticipating shipment within a few weeks for the 9mm model, followed by .40 S&W in late 2014, and .357SIG towards the early 2015."
    As it's already almost 2015 without the polymer 9mms, I'm still not going to hold my breath.;)

19. jhb

jhb New Member

I'm amazed this one hasn't hit the shores here yet. I wasn't excited about it.......then I was....

Lots of stuff coming.....sure wish it would get here before I get too old to shoot it.