Still liking this pistol.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by N.M.Edmands, Dec 11, 2013.

1. N.M.Edmands

N.M.Edmands New Member

I was really pleased with my first "F" but I am just as happy with the replacement. Tomorrow I'm going to try to get out to our shooting spot and put a couple of hundred rounds thru it. I have not modified the slide lock, or widened the rear sight notch on this one yet, but I seem to feel more comfortable with it after 1800+ rds. [2750 on the original WW]
    I'm going to try some F.A.S.T. drills on the clock and see how I do.

2. pneuby

pneuby New Member

I've had mine out twice, just for a box or two each after the recall. No issues. Frankly, I like the firmer resistance of the safety tab. I keep telling myself the F's been out for years before we got it in the USA, without any problems.

3. okie67

okie67 Member

Mine both go to the range every two weeks or so.I like the trigger on my WW gun better than my replacement.My F has seen at least 5k rounds or so without a hitch.Caracal installed the fiber optic front sight on my replacement F (QS) but it fell out two weeks ago_Other than that I'm still pleased.

4. N.M.Edmands

N.M.Edmands New Member

Well, I didn't get out until yesterday afternoon, but YUP! still liking it.
    I did decide that I will go ahead and widen the rear sight notch by .050", and modify the slide lock as I did on my original.

5. N.M.Edmands

N.M.Edmands New Member

Still LOVING this pistol!

Finally tore my "F" down and modified the slide stop, on this one I flattened the nub on the receiver and took the stop back to about 0.050" protrusion. No more "fat thumb" interference and no more "crap I'm out" moments. Also lightened the trigger to just over 4.5lbs.
    Now to bring the rear housing assm to a milling machine and open the notch about 0.050".
    Adding that I had mentioned in another thread that I had a problem riding the slide stop. I shoot 1911s a lot and use a high thumb on the safety.
    I always come over the top to run the slide so the limited shelf of the modified stop is not a problem, and is large enough to use for administrative purposes.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2014