SS Guide rods

Discussion in 'Accessories & Gear' started by Series80, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Series80

Series80 New Member

I highly suggest buying a SS guide rod , I bought mine from BT Guiderods $32 ,well worth the money , I may buy one for my Glock 22 as well . After 100 rounds in my C the back end of the rod broke , cheap ass plastic , I ended up breaking the guiderod , and running like my 45 and fired fine , but I got the new SS and its flawless!

2. ormati

ormati New Member

gallowayprecision.com has guiderods in for the F and C for $20-30. The one currently listed for the C is adjustable "15, 18(stock), 20 or 22 pound rates."

3. ace

ace New Member

I have one of those from Galloway and it's great.

4. Series80

Series80 New Member

I was gonna use Galloway , but they have to order theres and they didnt have any , BT makes his custom at his shop , no wait!

5. Rolltide

Rolltide New Member

I have the Galloway Precision guide rod ...what do you do to make it adjutsable !!!!
    I did not see any instructions to that effect????
    Appreciate any replies
    Paul

6. Metal Bird

Metal Bird New Member

I do not have one but am looking to get one after recall replacement (Galloway or BT, undecided).
    But the way I see it is that the Galloway one is not User Adjustable, but rather that when you order it you can pick in a drop down menu from one of those four given pound Spring Rates that they set it to for you when they assemble it. I do not believe it is adjustable, just that they tune it to what you specify, and if you want a different rate then you need to send it to them again or get a second spring to have them set differently on another rod.
    But I could be wrong!? ... again I do not have one, just looking and assuming

7. xcob711

xcob711 New Member

I am new to the game, what do the different spring tensions do and how do they effect or change the gun from the factory stuff?

8. jhb

jhb New Member

to keep it simple....... it change the rate the slide returns to battery. stronger spring returns faster, weaker spring slower. changes how far the cases eject as well. messing with springs is not a great idea unless you know what you are doing. it can cause feed issues and other problems as a side effect.

obviously there is some tolerance and hence, why you can change springs and the gun will work most times.

my take on it is, the factory has put allot of time and testing and engineering into springs, why try to second guess them? that said...if you are customizing your pistol sometimes it requires spring changes to make it function....but i'm a simpleton....if it ain't broke why fix it.

9. egalloway

egalloway New Member

Had a customer email me about this. We stock everything we sell. No wait like the other source plus our compact models come with the spring rate of choice for lower cost. Usually ships next day. Our compact guiderods are completely adjustable using common Glock springs. Anyways customer asked me to clear that up.