Should I buy an F?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sparky, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Sparky

Sparky New Member

My local pawn shop has sent his new F back for an exchange and is now waiting for the replacement gun. I had went in to purchase something else but saw the Caracal and fell in love but to my dismay it was a gun affected by the recall. He doesn't know when the new gun will be here but I don't mind waiting. I have an XD Subcompact for carry but would like to get a full size and start shooting in the local IDPA.They sound like great guns and I absolutely loved the feel in-hand. Should I hold out or just go with an XDM or M&P, etc...

2. okie67

okie67 Member

I would hold out and see how long it takes for him to receive the new pistol.Caracal will take care of the recall and things should be back to normal in a few months.I like mine a lot and just sent off my model F for replacement,nothing to lose on my part but the wait.There are other great choices out there just as well,good luck. :D

3. Predecessor

Predecessor New Member

The Caracal F is definitely tops over the XDm and M&P - I much prefer it to those two guns.

Could be months before you see one though.

In the mean-time, with all the hubub in congress going on, I would try and pick something else in the interim. Pistols in the same class I would consider first are the FN Herstal FNS and the Steyr M9-A1

4. Sparky

Sparky New Member

Sound advice. I have tried to find the Steyr locally to no avail. May look in to getting on a waiting list. My dealer was told 3 weeks by Caracal but we shall see. Probably should order up some spare parts as well for whatever I get.