SHOT Show 2015

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gun.fm, Nov 8, 2014.

1. gun.fm

gun.fm Shutterbug

Who here is going? Maybe we should do a meet-up at the Caracal booth.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 8, 2014
  2. gun.fm

gun.fm Shutterbug

I expected a response on the images above. :p

How about for those of you not going, lets build a (non-hostile) list of questions you'd like answered.

3. okie67

okie67 Member

Wish I could go but let us know what you find out at the Caracal booth.
    Hopefully you can find out when we can get our hands on the CP660.

4. gun.fm

gun.fm Shutterbug

I'm trying to see if the original founder of this forum will make it. I saw him a little over a week ago.

5. gun.fm

gun.fm Shutterbug

Caracal updates from SHOT 2015.

The CC10 carbine is being attempted to be brought in this year, again. This lead to a discussion about saying something is coming every year and having it not happen.

The sniper rifle was at Media Day at the Range and...yawn.

The polymer framed F model is confirmed to be coming back soon, production issues fixed, no welded together slide halves, but no dates on when we'll see these or the C models. I'll follow up again later this week. They ran out of hats and press kits when I saw them.

:(

The new thing they are showing this year is their own 1911's. This might be great for manufacturing and selling to the regional market of UAE and surrounding countries, but I didn't investigate deeply because we weren't allowed to shoot them at the range (even though they had a handful of models there) and because it isn't why I'm interested in Caracal products.

If someone has any questions, send them to caracal@gun.fm and I'll see what I find out.

I'll post a few photos soon.

6. TxShooter

TxShooter Member Staff Member

I'm not sure if he will make it or not.

7. N.M.Edmands

N.M.Edmands New Member

"welded together slide halves"-???? Happy to see the 'F' back in its original form, and still would like a 'C'. Thanks for your efforts. This is the first I've heard and it pleases me and I see the US website is back up again. I'll ask a couple of questions here because the forum needs more traffic but will also send an E-mail.
    How long till parts and accessories availability?
    Do they still plan to bring in the 'CP' line of pistols?
    Will the 'Bolt Gun' be coming?
    Are the '1911s' from the above mentioned 'CP' hammer guns or a clone?

Last edited: Jan 21, 2015
  8. gun.fm

gun.fm Shutterbug

The staff at Caracal didn't want me to video tape the Q&A. After some searching the found someone to answer questions, though it seems most were there to promote their new ammo line. To be fair, they had staff there to answer questions but were meeting with people non stop.

The C will return but there isn't a timeline yet. Quicksights are also going to be back, again, no timeline.

No CP pistols are planned. They were originally planned to replace the F & C imports entirely, but that was thrown out and the F & C were instead improved.

Take the welded slide info as a myth. I've heard it a dozen times and made the mistake of trusting some info without vetting it myself. I'm usually better than that, I try to play 'editor' in that I prefer to check sources myself for everything and failed on it this time. The engineer at Caracal was unaware of this practice. I plan to follow up with the last person to explain the assembly this way to me.

The bolt gun is for LE/Mil potential sales only, they have no plans currently to manufacture it for civilian sales. I like the stock, too bad.

The 1911's appeared to be Dan Wesson clones, but I'm just guessing on arbitrary visual queues. The models there weren't fully functional/finished and rather just design mock-ups. I know for sure that at least one was not finished internally and none were available to shoot at range day.

The CC10 and F pistol models are both expected in the second quarter of this year. Not too far off from what they said last year but the company has gone through some big changes. Reorganizations and some industry professionals were hired to help Caracal get back on track.

That's all in my own wording and take on what was relayed.

Oh, I met up with Predecessor there and he asked about the SubCompact, the SC that was supposed to come out and be smaller than the C. This is no longer slated for production.

We will not see alternate colors or color panels. Replacement parts are a long way off. However, they are no longer replacing pistols, they are getting ready to replace parts and upgrade older guns. I believe there are some changes to the rails and the trigger. I have some notes but they aren't in front of me. I'll post what he said with the photos.

I'm having a nightmare of trouble with wifi bandwidth for photos, so nothing right now.

What little content I've posted is on aftermathgunclub.com

Thanks for the questions.

9. okie67

okie67 Member

Thanks for the update! I called and talked to Caracal last week and like always they didn't know much.Was told they would know more after SHOT and maybe by February we would see something available.

10. N.M.Edmands

N.M.Edmands New Member

Thank you Ethan. It sounds good to me for firearms except for the replacement parts, I'm approching 5500rds with no problems whatsoever but would feel better if I knew things like springs, firing pins, slidestops, ect were handy if I needed them.
    On the 'welded slide', I figure that was a story created by the haters after the few poorly heat treated 'C's that led to the 'spontanious disassembly' showed up.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
  11. gun.fm

gun.fm Shutterbug

Yes, I tried to fact check that and could only find comments in threads so the second hand info I was given was likely picked up there.

I asked specifically about spare parts such as extractors, Jeff is the man at Caracal USA to speak with, but he was not available when I tried.

12. gun.fm

gun.fm Shutterbug

I just posted nine new photos in the General Caracal section of Photos.

13. N.M.Edmands

N.M.Edmands New Member

Ethan, I apologize for calling you Evin! I have no idea where that came from.:confused:

14. jhb

jhb New Member

Good info y'all. Finally some motion.....very exciting. Thanks for the updates.

15. Dannyvi

Dannyvi New Member

I am so sorry I returned my subcompact. It was shooting nicely and now can't get another one!

16. gun.fm

gun.fm Shutterbug

For the first time in awhile: I won't be at SHOT this year. I hope someone else posts some data about Caracal this year.