Short/sweet review

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by stinkysix, Oct 4, 2012.

1. stinkysix

stinkysix New Member

After reading rave reviews from a friend who's a custom knife maker and very knowledgeable firearms guy, i Picked up my Caracal C QS on a wednesday and stripped it down for cleaning and construction overview, then headed to the range to test. Just to let you know i have been carrying a Glock 19 for the past 6 years, and the 23 years before that just about everything else( including a Bren Ten that i still have). First, very well made, the Caracal sits lower in the hand and your hand is further in than the 19, fired the first 100 rounds slowly to learn the trigger and sights, then i proceded to put another 300 through it doing running drills. My opinion---less muzzle flip, more controllable, lighter more consistant trigger, shorter pull faster reset, quick sights are far faster than standard. Did not do formal accuracy testing but at 10-15 yards doing the running drills , shots are hitting where i aimed. Put another 600 through it this past week, no malfunctions of any kind. MY NEW CARRY GUN.

2. ddleatherworks

ddleatherworks New Member

Nice review, and good choice with the C-QS they are great guns.

3. Auguste Capone

Auguste Capone New Member

4. okie67

okie67 Member

Great review :)

5. jhb

jhb New Member

good review. your title was accurate. thanks.

6. DCB

DCB New Member

They are great guns. I like them a good bit more than the Glock's.

Peace

7. Series80

Series80 New Member

Did you (or do you) notice the difference in the trigger safety control , as opposed to the the Glock 19 ? I think its different , I dont have a 19/17 to test but I do have a 23 , the trigger safety on the caracal is more crisp in that if you fire you have to releas (if that makes sense) otherwise it will hold back , rapid you can really notice it ,as opposed to a Glock because it will stop you sometimes , but it can be gotten used to very easilly ,I love it!

8. stinkysix

stinkysix New Member

Well i'm at 3800 rds now and it just gets smoother with every mag full, as stated in another thread i started i've been doing drop test and impact testing after every shooting session and still can not get it to accidently fire. Fantastic firearm!

9. coolbox

coolbox New Member

Congratulations, and indeed a short/sweet review!

10. stinkysix

stinkysix New Member

Put another 200 through it(now at 4000 total) this weekend and continued with the drop and impact testing and still no problems, i'm thinking they may have a small number of guns with stacked tolerance problems from tooling change outs.

11. coolbox

coolbox New Member

This is excellent going. Please keep us posted on the progress..

12. stinkysix

stinkysix New Member

Well im at 5200 rds now and still no problems, all ammo has been Winchester white box fmj except for 50 rds of Hornady HP.