Rattles a bit?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mabgrac, Jul 5, 2012.

1. mabgrac

mabgrac New Member

I bought a used Caracal C sight unseen off another forum. It looks like it has been carried some, but was supposed to have less than 300 rounds through it. Judging from the wear on the barrel and other parts I believe it. The gun does rattle a little bit and that sort of surprises me, it rattles less when cocked than it does uncocked. I do not recall the new one I looked at rattling. I am not too concerned with this as I have had rattling 1911's that function great, but I am curious and wanted to see if other owners have rattling Caracals.

2. okie67

okie67 Member

Mine all do it and they all shoot just fine,I wouldn't worry about it.The rattle kinda bothered me too at first but it just seems to be the way it was designed.

3. mabgrac

mabgrac New Member

Good to know, I wasn't too worried, but wanted to double check. I am usually not a polymer guy, but I think this Caracal will become my favorite plastic pistol.

4. Fight or Flight

Fight or Flight New Member

Mine are more loose fitting than Glocks. My Caracal's are still more accurate than my Glock's.

5. e_l_q

e_l_q New Member

my slide and my magazine rattle more than my 1911

there is no problem so far.

6. ed_l

ed_l New Member

Mine does it also. I think what you are experiencing is the striker wiggling a bit in the striker channel when the gun isn't cocked.

7. livewire

livewire New Member

same here its the striker thats rattling when un cocked, try cocking it and rattle goes away.