Quick sight pics

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zeff, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Zeff

Zeff New Member

Hey ya'll. My local shop informed me of the Caracal pistol after getting back from the SHOT show. After poking around online I'm very interested. I was hoping someone could get several shots of the sight picture of the quick sight system like how the '8' style was posted.

I've read online that there are the blank/blacked out rears and also a 3 dot system. I was hoping to get more info on that. Also is there a rear dot with the blacked out quick sight, but where the normal rear sight/slide plate would be?

Thanks

2. okie67

okie67 Member

3. Zeff

Zeff New Member

Yeah, but they don't show the shot I'd like to see.

This is a normal rear sight, I'd like to see this but for the quick sight.
    [​IMG]

4. okie67

okie67 Member

I will try and get a picture for you using my C QS tomorrow,its a real neat sight picture..

5. Zeff

Zeff New Member

Cool, thanks.

My big question with the quick sight is that I've read that caracal offers a night sight but for the standard front rear, and I'm wondering how that would work with the quick sight setup.

6. Firewire

Firewire New Member

I found this picture on Google images. Not exactly what you want though.

[​IMG]

7. Zeff

Zeff New Member

These are closer to what I'd like to see. If you look closely it seems like there is space for a dot but it is blacked out.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. ddleatherworks

ddleatherworks New Member

I asked about that down at Waffen Werks one day and was told the reason for the the black dot on the rear of the QS models is because Caracal was using the same striker assy as the standard sight models but milling off the rear sight and putting black instead of white in the dot hole. If you look closely at some of the QS's they still have a very faint notch on them from where the rear sight was on the assy.

9. Zeff

Zeff New Member

Great info. I found this video posted in a different thread. It shows the QS setup and a rear dot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRsBLHQJLcA&lr

10. okie67

okie67 Member

Here are some pictures of mine,sorry for the crappy photos.. ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Zeff

Zeff New Member

Awesome Thanks!!!!

12. mig1nc

mig1nc New Member

Thank you for sharing your photos.

Do you know if anybody has tried to get Tooltech to install a trijicon vial into the black dot on the back of a QS gun?

Seems like it might work for a night sight solution on a QS.