Qualification with the Caracal went excellent

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Motorjock721, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Motorjock721

Motorjock721 New Member

I had an open range day last week to shoot and Qualify with my new "F" along with my new Kahr CW9.

I shot expert 98-99% on our 50 round day course. one shot away from a perfect score (dang it).

I honestly have to say, this is one the best feeling/shooting pistols I have owned. A few of my fellow Officers were at the range and all wanted to touchy/feely it. Everyone really liked the way it handled and were blown away how the trigger felt. I got a lot of ," What kind of gun is that, who makes it?" I proudly went through the history of the gun and how it was developed, who designed it and so forth,,,, Got a lot of double thumbs up from everyone.

I have over 300 rounds out of the Caracal now, no malfuntions or issues at all. About 50 or so rounds of old expensive duty rounds were fired w/o any problems. This gun likes to be shot.

I have a Blade Tech holster coming this week. The only problem is Safariland doesnt make a Duty holster ( yet) for this pistol. I have already contacted them and am waiting on a response.
    I cant wait to start carrying this pistol on duty. I guess off duty carry will have to work for right now.

AB

2. jaybee

jaybee New Member

Glad to hear you are finding your Caracal to be a joy to own and shoot. I too feel like a Caracal ambassador when I introduce new people to my Caracal. :) Nice shooting and let us know how you like your holsters when you get them.

3. e_l_q

e_l_q New Member

Glad to hear that! you're not alone Motorjock :D

4. jdeloach

jdeloach New Member

Awesome job!!!!
    Hopefully someone will make a duty holster soon.

5. Auguste Capone

Auguste Capone New Member

Great job! I'm glad it's working out for you.

6. okie67

okie67 Member

7. bulm540

bulm540 New Member

picking mine up tomorrow. Hopefully can try it over the weekend.

8. e_l_q

e_l_q New Member

your range report is a must :D

9. bulm540

bulm540 New Member

Hopefully this weekend. If not, I will run some stages after a USPSA match with the caracal and a stock Glock 17. Now, that would be interesting.

10. bulm540

bulm540 New Member

shot mine today. 200 rounds of tula ammo. No malfs of anykind. I was initially shooting 2-3 inches high at 15 yards but after getting used to the sights and trigger, it was dead on. The trigger OTB is sweet, amazing short reset. What is even sweeter is the perceived recoil, it was amazingly soft. Looks like I have found my next production gun and IDPA SSP gun.

11. e_l_q

e_l_q New Member

ayos!