QAS Dimension Help

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tdneuf, Mar 1, 2013.

1. tdneuf

tdneuf New Member

Hi folks,
    Still in need of some assistance from the Caracal enthusiasts...
    I'm wondering if anybody could please measure the overall height of the slide & frame, just forward of the trigger guard to INCLUDE the rear sight of a QAS F or C, shouldn't matter? please & thanks
    Oh ya, if your wondering why...I manufacture a removable sight mount that fits quite nicely on the Caracal (sorry, i don't own one YET), and I'm needing to figure out if it'll fit/work with a QAS model.

[attachment=0:2glchxww]Caracal Height Dim.png[/attachment:2glchxww]

Thanks in advance

2. Metal Bird

Metal Bird New Member

I dont think this really helps you at all, but this is a measurement pic I made for sizing a holster. My measurements went from the bottom of the trigger guard.

[​IMG]

3. tdneuf

tdneuf New Member

Thanks for trying Metal Bird, but you are correct, I'm looking for the distance, from the bottom of the frame (just in front of the trigger guard), up to the top of the Rear sight.
    I need this thickness to determine if our sight mount for mounting Red Dot holographic sights on semi-autos will work with the QAS slide.

thanks for the effort.

4. Metal Bird

Metal Bird New Member

Ha, no real effort, just a pic I still have saved I thought I would throw up there.
    Unfortunately my Cat has gone back to Alabama, otherwise I would have gave you those other measurements.

5. tdneuf

tdneuf New Member

So the answer to the question is . . .

Drum Roll ............

1.635"

Thank You