Protruding firing pin

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chovatel, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Chovatel

Chovatel New Member

Hello guys!
    In the user manual to Caracal F there is mentioned following: "Examine the breech face to ensure that the firing pin is not protruding not attempt to load or fire the firearm. Bring the firearm to a gunsmith qualified to perform service on Caracal firearms." (see picture):
    [attachment=1:l77zvpsf]firing pin.PNG[/attachment:l77zvpsf]

Unfortunately, almost everytime I check my F, after locking the slide back and I see firing pin exactly in that position (see photo in attachment ):
    During slow return of slide forward pin hides. This happens only when the trigger is pulled before (i.e. checking decocked pistol - mag out, slide back, lock). When the gun is cocked and I pull the slide back, firing pin is not visible (I hope it is understandable).

Does this happen to you too? It is problem?

Thanks, Jan

2. LS719

LS719 New Member

You should find that you can push the firing pin back with your finger,as at this time it is free floating.Once pushed back it should be locked into the firing pin safety. I think you will find that if you lock the slide back with the muzzle pointed up the firing pin is locked in by the safety and won't go forward.

3. Chovatel

Chovatel New Member

Yes, it is possible to push it back easily. I was just worried because of what user guide says... Thank you!