Oiling

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NevadaBob, May 18, 2012.

1. NevadaBob

NevadaBob New Member

In the user's manual, on page 24, section 17.4 reads: "Oil all moving parts (slide guide, trigger bar, firing pin, firing pin safety & anvil plate)"
    Well I'm glad that narrows it down! In my Glock manual, it shows the exact oiling points and cautions against too much oil. Is there a diagram that I can download that shows the exact oiling points and how much to apply? Thanks for any help.

2. ddleatherworks

ddleatherworks New Member

I have'nt ever seen a diagram anywhere. I just do mine like my Glocks with a little Mobile1 or Ballistol (which is how I do most of my handguns). So far its worked for well for me. One of my C-QS's has a little over 3K rounds thru it and has never had a problem.

3. Firewire

Firewire New Member

I'd just use Glock's. It does however say no more than a "finger print" of oil. I generally oil the whole thing down with Ballistol. Then use my compressor with a blow tip and and blow it all clean. This get's any heavy oil out, but still leaves a fine coating. Apply a drop to the feed ramp and a drop on each slide rail and reassemble (barrel too). Then hand rub the outside and then wipe down.

[​IMG]

4. NevadaBob

NevadaBob New Member

Thanks guys, sounds adequate.