New Phoenix Az Caracal C owner checking in

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by jaybee, Jun 10, 2012.

1. jaybee

jaybee New Member

Hello all, proud owner of a Caracal C with quick sights checking in... I am first and foremost a recreational shooter and look for high fun factor in the firearms I purchase. I'm also from the geekier side of all things gun related, I love the physics of handgunning and ballistics and tend to let the science hold sway over my opinions more so than popular opinion. I suspect I am not alone here, after all what kind of person would buy a Caracal? ;-) I believe ergonomics are the key to accuracy at a very fundamental level for any shooter. Once you have a gun that fits your hand well and is welded to your grip, the trigger is the next most important factor. For these reasons I have been a fan of mainly single column, single action designs. These delivered the type of recreational enjoyment most of my shooting is centered around. The Caracal feels great in my hand. The trigger has been a real surprise. It's not at all like any of my other pistols. The trigger is not like my tuned k frame DA nor is it like a match grade single action auto. The point where it brakes is nearly impossible to feel when live firing (at least this is my experience in the first 150 rounds I have fired). I like it, it is certainly not a trigger that will hinder accuracy. The quick sights are taking some getting used to. My first 50 rounds at 21 feet were very accurate. Later I had problems with elevation and tended to shoot more poorly on average, I need more time with these sights... Great accuracy potential in the gun. Was pleasantly surprised by my initial good shooting and have some ideas for ironing out the wrinkles on my my next range session...

2. okie67

okie67 Member

Welcome to the forum! Yes the "QS" take some time getting used to and with more practice you will come to like them.These are excellent pistols and very reliable,lots of good info here and enjoy your stay! :D

3. ddleatherworks

ddleatherworks New Member

4. Auguste Capone

Auguste Capone New Member

Welcome jaybee. I like your approach in your evaluation. For me, it's less science on the service and more of a "feel" thing, but I guess behind it all it's science.

5. jaybee

jaybee New Member

Looking forward to some more range time tomorrow with the quick sights. Stocked up on targets and ammo... Can't Wait to turn money into noise!

6. e_l_q

e_l_q New Member

i'll be waiting for your range report :D