New and just wanted to say Hi from Knoxville, TN

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by Fatdog00, Nov 1, 2012.

1. Fatdog00

Fatdog00 New Member

Hey just wanted to say hey proud owner of WW F and new to the site. Weird thing about mine is I bought mine here in Knoxville where I live and it came witht 3 mags, and a fiber optic front sight. The 3 3 mags are nice but that F/O sight is great. is that rare? :?:

2. jhb

jhb New Member

welcome Sir.

i would say yes, but then again i'm not always on top of everything. nice find.

3. Fatdog00

Fatdog00 New Member

Thanks!
    I'm also looking for a styer are they worth it?

4. okie67

okie67 Member

Welcome to the forum!

5. jhb

jhb New Member

imho, yes absolutely. i love my cat, but there is just something extra special about my steyr c9. can't say what for sure, but it's just a great pistol. if you like your caracal, then i'd be surprised you wouldn't like a steyr.

6. ormati

ormati New Member

Since WW is in Knoxville, TN it would be interesting to know if you got it from them, or who else might have added a fiber optic front sight. Factory? Seller? Also what did you pay and when did you get it? I'd make the drive from Asheville if I thought I could find a C with a visible front sight for decent money. Thanks.

7. Fatdog00

Fatdog00 New Member

It's was $389, but it's the only one I've seen here. I got it at a pawn shop, and it came with 3 mags I think it was from WW when they were still in Knoxville. I just think it was odd for it to have a fiber optic front sight and an original waffen works. Do you think it was a good deal?

8. Auguste Capone

Auguste Capone New Member

Welcome! and I love my M9-A1. It's my normal carry actually.

9. ormati

ormati New Member

Yes, it seems like a very good deal. New or used? Are the sights standard or quicksights? Either way, I would have guessed $450-550 w/FO sight and 3 mags. I paid $500 for a new C-QS with 3 mags. I'm also looking for a Steyr, probably a subcompact 9 or 40, since the Caracal SC seems a bit up in the air for now...

10. Fatdog00

Fatdog00 New Member

It was used, but I was pretty happy with the deal. One reason I had never seen a caracal f with the f/o.

11. Predecessor

Predecessor New Member

Just an fyi, the Steyr S9-A1 is the same size as a Caracal C - but with 10 round mags and heavier to boot. Just sayin' :p

12. ddleatherworks

ddleatherworks New Member

13. Fatdog00

Fatdog00 New Member

Thanks all for the welcomes. It's like a little family here lol :D

14. jhb

jhb New Member

yes Sir agreed. good group of fellows here.