My Two-Tone Caracal C with Viridian C5L

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KevlarSix, Sep 23, 2011.

1. KevlarSix

KevlarSix New Member

My Two-Tone Caracal C with Viridian C5L

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hard chroming the slide makes the pistol more aesthetically pleasing.

2. Predecessor

Predecessor New Member

Impressive! That hard chrome finish looks sweet. Does is alter the sight presentation (say, in sunlight) with the Quick Sights in any way from the standard finish?

3. KevlarSix

KevlarSix New Member

It doesn't affect it in such a way for me like below

[​IMG]

But I had my smith apply a little black coating on the insides of the Quick Sight system just to be sure

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Firewire

Firewire New Member

Thanks for the Viridian pics. I have been thinking about getting one. They look rather impressive with that bright green in day or night.

5. thejosed

thejosed New Member

I love the way this little baby looks, I will try to find out were to do this job is really impressive the contrast of the two tones, and the black coating inside the sight is perfect.

I'm thinking on getting a light or a laser for my C QS, I will consider this Viridian for the way it looks and the reliability of the laser, light, name, quality, etc....

Thanks for the pics

6. Firewire

Firewire New Member

So I guess we can assume the Virdian C5 (laser only) works, but the C5L (light added) doesn't?

7. UrbanTiger74

UrbanTiger74 New Member

WOW! That is one SLICK Cat.

8. thejosed

thejosed New Member

I Think our answer to that

I want to know also, if the C5L will fit properly the Caracal C QS

9. caracalized

caracalized New Member

It looks more beautuiful in two tone.
    In our region only black (full black) finish is available.

10. livewire

livewire New Member

@thejosed i posted the answer on my thread. the same gun you see above posted by kevlarsix is the same gun i posted in my thread. i have acquired kevlarsix's caracal c about a month ago. kevlarsix picture above shows he's using the pre installed rail from viridian package. i opted to swap the pre installed rail with the longer glock rail as it makes my caracal c more aesthetically tough looking.

[​IMG][​IMG]

11. thejosed

thejosed New Member

I know that you answered that on the other thread, I just was pointing out what Manoloiv wanted to know. And I see now that in the first pics the rail used is not the same for your pics, thank from bringing that out.

Anyway is a good looking pistol and the C5L fit with with the pre-installed rail or the glock one on the C; it is just a matter of taste. I drop another question for you in the other thread.

this is the difference that I did not see previously, until you mentioned. The configuration on the rail, one is shorter than the other.

With the pre-installed rail
    [​IMG]

With the Glock rail
    [​IMG]

Thanks for the advice and answers.

see you around the forum

Jose

12. jdeloach

jdeloach New Member

Just curious......what did you paint the letters on the frame with? That really looks nice.

13. livewire

livewire New Member

for the lower receiver i used orange and white wax crayons. rub it against the letterings so that it the wax will get stuck on the letterings then clean off excess crayons with a clean cloth with a lil dab of isoprobyl alcohol. heat them up a lil with lighter so that the wax will be flattened and even giving u a shiny even clean finish.

as for the slide. i used a black nail polish, use cotton buds and non acetone based nail polish remover to remove the excess nail polish outside markings.

for more details on the above, go to youtube. i basically got the idea from youtube and applied it on my caracal c.

hope i could be of help to you sir. =)

14. caracalized

caracalized New Member

@ live wire

Excellent work.
    I want to own this weapon in near future.

15. Fenek

Fenek New Member

Does anybody here owns a caracal with a 1st gen viridian X5L or with a streamlight TRL-2 ?