MSAR E4 and Noveske Recon 6.8spc AR15, CZ Rimfires

Discussion in '16+' started by stmcelroy, Feb 13, 2012.

1. stmcelroy

stmcelroy New Member

Well somebody needs to post in this section so it might as well be me. :D

Here's my MSAR E4 in 5.56 with 20/20 front rail, LaRue FUG vertical grip, Vortex 1-4 PST in Warne Ramp base. Flashlight is a Fenix TK-11 in a LaRue mount.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next up is my 16" Noveske Recon 6.8spc upper on a S&W lower, CMMG 2-stage trigger, Magpul MIAD and CTR in Foliage Green. Scope is a SWFA SS 3-9 in a Bobro Mount. Gun shoots sub-moa 5-shot groups with my 100gr Nosler Accubond reloads at 300 yards. Ended up hunting with it this year and while I didn't get a deer I did end up shooting a coyote at 360 yards.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

CZ 452 American 16" factory threaded barrel:

[​IMG]

CZ 452 Varmint .17hmr:

[​IMG]

2. mig1nc

mig1nc New Member

Does the sling mount on that MSAR ever rub your thumb?

3. stmcelroy

stmcelroy New Member

Never even notice it's there. :cool:

4. Predecessor

Predecessor New Member

Nice looking rifles stmcelroy - thanks going where no forum member has gone before :lol:

I don't get to shoot combat or long distance rifles as much as I'd like - just don't have enough free time on my hands :x

I do own a CZ 452 though and love it - definitely the best rifle in it's class.

5. stmcelroy

stmcelroy New Member

:mrgreen:

I go through phases of shooting handguns for a while and then shooting long guns, right now i'm in one of my handgun phases....

Although I do plan on getting out and shooting my CZ452's this weekend, love those guns.

6. okie67

okie67 Member

Nice Rifles and yes I switch back and forth as well,but Im getting more handguns lately and its passing up my rifle collection.
    Still got my Sig556 Halo and M&P15.Still drag out my old 30/40 Krag some...

7. ddleatherworks

ddleatherworks New Member

Good looking rifles especially the Noveske, I've kinda got hooked on the AR's again here lately. I've bought two in the last month or so not sure what I needed with them but they sure are fun. By the way what kind of can do you have on the CZ. I shot the same gun with one of Mohawk Armorys on it the other day and it was super quiet and a cool setup.

8. stmcelroy

stmcelroy New Member

SWR Spectre for the can, good for .22lr up to 5.7 centerfire.

9. ddleatherworks

I'm wanting to get a .22lr can for the my daughter's P22. I'm leaning towards a Mohawk or an AWC probablly gonna be the Mohawk because Jim is a good friend. The AWC is quieter but alot larger than the Mohawk and I'm not sure how well the P22 will hold up to the larger heavier can.

10. stmcelroy

stmcelroy New Member

Great price on those Mohawk .22lr suppressors. Would love to hear how they sound compared to the more expensive Spectre and Silencerco Sparrow.

You get the suppressor and tax stamp for the same price I paid for my Spectre can't beat that. :mrgreen:

11. ddleatherworks

Jim's kinda small but he makes some good products at reasonable prices the his surpressors are well built, and his AR's are nice as well. I finally picked up one of them last week but I haven't got to shoot it yet. He also does some nice integerally surpressed stuff as well.

12. angela22

angela22 New Member

AR15 upper receiver is available at many websites on internet with matched receiver sets.
    ar-15 matched receiver