More Caracals coming in?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SpodWo, Oct 7, 2011.

1. SpodWo

SpodWo New Member

I am trying to purchase a Caracal from a local shop and the Distributor that carries them says they are out and waiting for a shipment to arrive in the US of A? Anyone have any news if some are here now and waiting to go through customs? I promised him I would get the pistol from him...

Let me know...Thanks!

2. Predecessor

Predecessor New Member

Hey SpodWo,

Welcome to the forum! I PM'd you a little earlier regarding this but my distributor has plenty of Caracal F & C's in stock available to dealers today. From what I understand they are currently the exclusive distributor for Caracal USA right now, so your dealer would need to sign-up with them. However, when Caracal USA brought in their first batch of pistols they sold a few to dealers direct in the Tennessee area. I'm not sure where you are located but it's possible that your dealer was/is one of these and is waiting for Caracal USA to actually receive their next importation of pistols.

3. SpodWo

SpodWo New Member

Thanks for the welcome - I talked to Waffen Werks directly last week - they got a shipment released finally and should be shipping them out to distributors - OMB is the distributor that my pistol shop has an account with and they are on the list to get them first according to Waffen...

4. Predecessor

Predecessor New Member

Yep - this was who I was referring to - OMB has them in stock right now so all your dealer needs to do is order one up and he can have it in a few days - unless your are trying to get one with fiber optic, night, or quick sight configuration. Those are the ones we are eagerly awaiting on now...

Either way - won't be long before you have one in your hands and can give us a report :D

5. Fargazer

Fargazer New Member

I just contacted OMB guns (I'm on a business trip to Kansas City, and they are pretty close); they told me they are out of the compact models, and that once they are out of the Caracal F models they will not be carrying more. Evidently they are shrinking the number of gun brands they are carrying, and the Caracal is one of those gun brands they are winnowing.

Great gun; I was hoping to look at a Caracal C (I've shot a Caracal F at Sevier Indoor Range), but every time I get close to getting one it seems the distributor is in flux of some kind. So who will be distributing the Caracal now?

6. reddirt

reddirt New Member

7. Predecessor

Predecessor New Member

ok - thought I would post the latest on the current situation with Caracal as best as I can...

Waffen Werks USA, the importer and Caracal AE, the manufacturer recently had a falling out. At the end of the day Waffen Werks will not be importing any additional Caracal pistols other than what has already made it into the States.

Overall, that initial number is small - maybe 1500 pistols with the larger majority of those guns being the F model. So hold onto your Caracals folks.

I imagine that Caracal AE has plans to re-enter the US market at some point but how and when it anybodies best guess.

The Waffen Werks Caracal pistols are now officially rare and collectors should pick them up sooner than later.

Stocking Caracal dealers were originally under an obligation to advertise the pistols at a MAP pricing of $550 - we are no longer under that obligation and are offering our remaining F and C models at $507 shipped. I have a very few Caracal C pistol with the Quick Sites. Only a handfull of these pistol have made it into the States. They are more expensive because of their rarity and if you are interested contact me ASAP at guns@compactfirearms.com ASAP and we will see if can get you one.

To order the standard F or C models please visit compactfirearms.com

I'll update this post with more information as I get it.

8. ddleatherworks

ddleatherworks New Member

Last time I was at Waffen Werks Keith told me it could be up to two years before another importer could bring them in to the states (because of contract terms between WW and Caracal AE). Keith could'nt give much information though they were still trying to iron out the details of the split. I was also told there were only a little over 100 of the Quicksight versions of both sizes that made it into the U.S. the F Quicksight being the lesser of the two.

9. okie67

okie67 Member

I would like to find a Quicksight version,it would be nice to go along side my Caracal F...

10. Firewire

Firewire New Member

11. Armando1228

Armando1228 New Member

I just left an email with compact firearms yesterday, hmm now I can't decide whether to buy the F model or not. Great price and I don't really care about collectors issues with them, who will service them if they have issues would be my concern. And collectors value lol, Steyr M40s are still sitting in gun shops here locally, because they can't sell them or move them.

Armando

12. 73sbVert

73sbVert New Member

I just sent email also, hopefully I can get one!

13. Predecessor

Predecessor New Member

I just received the last of the Waffen Werks Caracal C with Quick Site pistols. 0 Left Right now. The next ones will have to be new imports from the future importer. Here are the import numbers on the current crop of Caracals in the States to give you an idea of how rare ALL of our Caracals are right now:

Model F SS: 1105
    Model F QS: 50
    Model C SS: 427
    Model C QS: 66

Question is still up in the air as to when Caracal will begin importing again (and through whom) but odds are all those with the Waffen Werks import mark will go up in value when they do!

14. okie67

okie67 Member

Yeah it would have been nice to have got a F with the Quicksight,I feel lucky to have got the C QS from Waffen when I did.I sure hope something good happens in 2012 for Caracal and get some imported again.

15. Firewire

Firewire New Member

Awesome! Thanks for the Statistics!

16. Firewire

Firewire New Member

17. apvbguy

apvbguy New Member

interesting, makes me feel good about paying up for the one I bought.
    I've only shot about 200 rounds through mine, my first impressions are that it is a great gun but now I am wary about using my new collectors item.

18. okie67

okie67 Member

Id just shoot the heck out of it,got over 600 rds through my Caracal F but not as many on the C but that will change Haha.