Model C Recall Details

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Urban_Redneck, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Urban_Redneck

Urban_Redneck New Member

TRUSSVILLE, Alabama – Caracal International LLC instituted a recall of Caracal Model C pistols on February 27, 2013 pending an investigation, because the safety of its consumers is paramount to Caracal.

Caracal has completed its investigation and determined that this recall only applies to a limited number of slides of Model C pistols that had been improperly heat treated.

We are firmly committed to safety and would like to exchange all affected Model C pistols with new ones.
    How to determine if your Model C pistol needs to be exchanged:

Remove the slide from the pistol, following the steps given in the user manual for your pistol. On the inside bottom of the slide you will find an engraved batch number starting with SC, as shown in the photograph below.

Only slides with batch numbers from SC188- to SC222- are covered by this recall and have to be exchanged.

Full release and photos:

http://www.caracal-usa.com/press/Caraca ... ll-Notice/

2. Hobbiest

Hobbiest New Member

Great news. Only few Caracal-C now need to be replaced ;)

3. Gary1911A1

Gary1911A1 New Member

Checked mine and it's no longer part of the recall so I guess it's safe to shoot again.

4. Urban_Redneck

Urban_Redneck New Member

I'm relieved as well, I'm up around 7k through my F and have been holding off ordering a new RSA . It will be nice to spread the round count out a little :cool:

5. bigleaf

bigleaf New Member

The C models in the USA are all still under recall for the drop safety/Accidental Discharge problem. Unless your C has been replaced by Caracal, you're still under a recall for the safety, even if your pistol is outside of the slide recall batch number range.