M&P Shield

Discussion in 'Modern Handguns' started by Firewire, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Firewire

Firewire New Member

Neat sub-compact released today. M&P Shield available in 9 or 40 and less than an inch thick. Supposed to compete with the LC9 and such. I see they are sub $400.

[​IMG]

http://www.smith-wesson.com

2. okie67

okie67 Member

Those look real nice and for the price I bet they sell alot.

3. ddleatherworks

ddleatherworks New Member

It might give Ruger a run for their money. So far from what I hear the M&P has turned out to be a good platform for Smith and Wesson.

4. Predecessor

Predecessor New Member

I'm really surprised at the price-point to be honest. Expected it to be higher. Curious as to it's true size and weight. The Beretta Nano came out larger and heavier than anticipated so we'll see. I've never been a huge S&W auto fan, always preferring their revolvers to semi-autos. The M&P is a capable pistol and has a lower bore axis than most. But at the end of the day, for me, it's a heavier middle of the pack striker fired duty gun. We'll see how the Shield performs as soon as we can get our hands on them around Christmas if we're lucky :p

5. HKmanlp1

HKmanlp1 New Member

Yeah I just can't get into the whole "pocket pistol" fad. Keep the fullsize combat pistols coming please! :)

6. okie67

okie67 Member

My local FFL gave us a M&P Shield to try out at the range today,these are fantastic little firearms! We ended up shooting near 300 rounds through the gun with zero failures.Only brand of ammo we shot through it was Federal 115 grain FMJ and it ate every round.
    This gun is very accurate and the trigger is excellent as well,if this gun comes out in 40 S&W I will for sure take a hard look at buying one of these. :D

7. stmcelroy

stmcelroy New Member

These are by far the best sub-compact CCW handguns on the market. ;)

[​IMG]