Loose?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sharp, Feb 21, 2012.

1. sharp

sharp New Member

As I stated in my previous thread about my new Caracal C, I like it! I'm definitely a fan so far. However I have noticed something that bothers me just a little bit, and I don't think it's normal.

The more I've messed with the pistol, field stripping, dry fire practice, etc. the more I've noticed that it sure "rattles" a lot! The rattling I've been hearing is from a pretty loose slide / frame fit. I compared it to a couple other guns, a G23 and a PPQ, and it is way looser than either of those.

Are YOUR Caracals loose like this and rattle a lot? If this is NOT by design of Caracal, then what can cause this and how can it be fixed?

I don't want to seem nit picky or that I'm ripping the gun, cause I'm not....I like it. This is just one thing that concerns me a little.

2. 8th ID

8th ID New Member

I have around 500 rounds through my C model. ZERO problems. Which includes a very nice IDPA match this past Saturday. My C rattles some and I believe it is slide/frame fit.

I haven't been too concerned about it. Maybe I should be, I don't know. As long as it continues to run and shoot as well as it has been, I'm good. If something happens, I'll make contact with Caracal USA. I will tell you that my PPQ rattles a little. I can shoot my C quite a bit faster and more accurately than I can my PPQ.

I know I'm probably not answering your question. But I am going to buy a Caracal F soon!!!

3. okie67

okie67 Member

Both of mine rattle as well,I think its the design of the gun.My HK USP rattles too but not as bad.Id just shoot it alot and see if it gets any worse but I think your fine.

4. Andy_ita

Andy_ita New Member

Mine have 12000 rounds shooted, slide had lost part of the finish and its bright, the hold open lever is grinded. Yes it rattle a bit. But zero problems for the moment

5. Predecessor

Predecessor New Member

Show us a picture of your pistol when you can Andy - curious to see the wear. Thanks!

6. Andy_ita

Andy_ita New Member

Sure i ll do later

7. Andy_ita

Andy_ita New Member

8. Firewire

Firewire New Member

Very nice! Thank you for the pics. 12,000 rounds! Have you replaced any parts? Guide rod? Manual says replace at 10,000 rounds.

How are Caracals selling in Italy? Good reviews?

9. Andy_ita

Andy_ita New Member

well i bought all the replacment parts (extractor, firing pin, springs, ejector etc) only to have it here, just in case...
    i replaced the guide rod and spring.. but believe me, the old one is still in good condition and it work good..

here in italy... well is like there.. the pistol is made in emirates...bla bla bla....so.. not a good time for selling.
    on italian forums some guys that bought it are writing good rewies...
    im sure that if some police dept in usa will accept it as duty gun, we will see a boom in the sale...
    i personally love it.. it is better than my glock , and as soon it will arrive here the gen 2 with desert tan frame, i ll sale this one and buy the new

10. 8th ID

8th ID New Member

ANDY--

Thanks for the information and photos. Sadly, I don't believe ANY police departments here in the US will ever buy/carry the Caracal. And it simply comes down to competition with Glock and the fact that the Caracal is made in the UAE.

I shot my 'C' in an IDPA match last Saturday. I'm kind of new to IDPA as I have only shot 7 matches and am unclassified. BUT it was my first match with my Caracal. I placed 2nd in my division (only 10 in this division), but it was my best performance so far in IDPA. I had several other shooters ask questions about the Caracal. I believe that when more shooters see them and how they perform, for some that may override the misplaced stigma attached to the Caracal.

11. Predecessor

Predecessor New Member

I agree 8th ID - to the point concerning LE adoption, there generally needs to be a good reason to mothball an entire fleet of pistols - For most LE agencies, the Glock is performing just fine. When that is the case, it just doesn't make monetary sense to fit the bill for brand new pistols, accessories, and training that goes into replacing an issued duty weapon. From time to time we'll see LE agencies choose Berettas or M&Ps or Sigs, etc but that is generally when all of the duty pistols are several years old and the department is small or the new top dog happens to like a different pistol.

The Caracal will sell well to new shooters who take the time to be educated about pistols and to competition shooters who can appreciate how this gun performs out of the box.

Of course that will only happen when they begin importing into the States again and I've still not heard anything definitive as to when that will be...

12. 8th ID

8th ID New Member

I picked up a NIB 'F' model today. I now have both the C&F. I live close to centerfire systems in KY. The guy told me that they bought ALL the Caracals that Waffen Werks had. I don't know when they made the purchases, but he said they had 'plenty' of them!!

I know there is a different importer, etc. now. I really do think they will sell when people can go and fondle them, etc. in a gun shop.

13. sharp

sharp New Member

Andy how do you like the quick sights? I'm thinking about picking up another C with QS. Also how are the gun laws in Italy? I'll be there for 10 days next month and I was curious.

14. Andy_ita

Andy_ita New Member

Yes. I love it.
    Well im not an expert with pistols. I only had a hk usp, i have a g19 and 3 1911 but for me the qs is the faster sight i ever used. I think it need some training to use caming from traditional sights, but after that im sure u will love it.
    About your question about law here i ll reply later cause im on mobile phone right now.
    Are u planning to visit italy for work or vacation? Where do u will go?

15. sharp

sharp New Member

It's a vacation. Starting in Venice for a couple days, then Florence, then on to Rome for a few days!

16. Andy_ita

Andy_ita New Member

Good places. Be prepared.... Prices are crazy here. Expecially in Venice

17. e_l_q

e_l_q New Member

My Caracal C QS also rattles, not only the slide to frame portion but also the magazine as well

No problem so far and I'm loving this pistol :D

18. tom413

tom413 New Member

Just curious as how many rounds before anyone noticed a rattle ? I'm at 1200 rounds through the F and everything still tight. No rattles at all yet.

19. Andy_ita

Andy_ita New Member

13.000 and rattle. Any problem
    Caracal of some friends have less than 1000 and rattle

20. stmcelroy

stmcelroy New Member

With the magazine out they all rattle, nothing any different than say a Glock or Steyr. ;)