Lipsey's to be distributor of Caracal

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by stmcelroy, Mar 29, 2012.

1. stmcelroy

stmcelroy New Member

Buddy just texted me to say Lipsey's is becoming a Caracal distributor and he is going to be one of the first in the US to get them.

I work for him every once in a while and have transferred both my Caracal's there. Looking at working there full time in the next month or so, told him to order lots of Caracal's.

Lipsey's is supposed to have stock as early as next week.

Looks like it's time for me to crank out some Caracal holsters. :mrgreen:

Can't wait to pick up a Caracal C with QS to go along with my standard sight F & C.

https://www.lipseys.com/mfg.aspx?mfg=CARACAL

2. Firewire

Firewire New Member

Awesome! Thanks for the update!

Any word on parts yet?

3. stmcelroy

stmcelroy New Member

I'm sure parts can't be far behind.

It really caught me off guard figured we had at least a few months before stuff got sorted out.

4. okie67

okie67 Member

Great news my FFL uses Lipseys alot for his guns orders.It will be nice to be able to order a Caracal or parts anytime I need to! :D

5. Gary1911A1

Gary1911A1 New Member

Good news. Thanks for posting.

6. stmcelroy

stmcelroy New Member

And the best part of the news is pricing will be very reasonable.

My buddy will be selling the standard sight version for $440 and QS for $455 :mrgreen:

7. Gary1911A1

Gary1911A1 New Member

Even better news!

8. Riogrande481

Riogrande481 New Member

I am going to visit my local Lipsey's dealer tomorrow and see what they say about getting a Caracal F.

Are there any Caracal owners (I have seen a few on here) from the Provo/Orem, UT area?

9. Auguste Capone

Auguste Capone New Member

I'm not a Caracal owner (yet) but I'm from the area. Someone recently posted that lives in Alpine, and pred is around here somewhere too. You should visit Compact Firearms in Lehi. (http://www.compactfirearms.com/)

10. Predecessor

Predecessor New Member

We're not out of the woods yet. I spoke to two different reps at Lipsey's yesterday and the only thing they could tell me was that they "had ordered some guns." They didn't know when they would be arriving.

I found Caracals listed at another distributor of mine as well but they have not returned my inquiry on when they will be receiving them.

I've asked Caracal-USA what other distributors they will be using along with a variety of other questions to which I have received no response. :x

11. stmcelroy

stmcelroy New Member

Guess I don't need to hurry and build holsters then, was going to have some inventory available at my friends shop when the guns show up.

12. ddleatherworks

ddleatherworks New Member

It looks to me like Caracal UAE is giving their new importer the same treatment they gave Waffen Werks. You see all of this advertising and hipe, but then very few guns if any make it stateside. Which is the UAE's loss because at the prices stmcelroy stated above and the quality of the product they could make a pretty good dent in the poly-framed handgun market.

13. stmcelroy

stmcelroy New Member

I heard that UAE wanted the Caracal to sell in the HK price range originally, but obviously somebody has straightened them out. Although they are definitely starting to make me wonder if they are cut out for selling and servicing their product in the USA for the long haul. :?:

14. ddleatherworks

ddleatherworks New Member

You're right, the MSRP a year and a half ago was something like $720 now it's a little over $500 I think. Thats a pretty big drop, but it don't do much good if you can't get them.

15. Riogrande481

Riogrande481 New Member

I talked to my local Lipsey's dealer today. They will be selling these pistols near the stated $440 price. However, they told me these guns are just on order by Lipsey's, and other distributors and that nothing had been delivered to the distributors yet.

I have my name down for a regular sight Caracal F. I am thinking of changing it to a QS though.

I was also told of the variations so far in the delivered/proposed Caracal gun packages.

1. The pistol comes with 3 magazines and no speed loader (original configuration)

2. Pistol has 2 mags and no speed loader (2nd congifuration)

3. Pistol has 2 mags and a speed loader (the proposed latest configuration)

It was also interesting to see that the QS guns sell for about $10 more.

I sure hope these pistols will be delivered soon!

16. stmcelroy

stmcelroy New Member

Me too. But I hope they have everything worked out and are committed to the long haul before they start delivering more guns.

17. Riogrande481

Riogrande481 New Member

stmcelroy - I agree it would be good to know we can get parts before we commit to the pistol.

18. okie67

okie67 Member

I sent Caracal USA another email asking a question about when parts will be available.I have sent emails in the past with no reply,I guess its time to give them a call and see whats up. :(

19. Firewire

Firewire New Member

I can't say I know of one person who has received a reply to that email address (myself included).

20. 8th ID

8th ID New Member

Sounds good to me.

I have aging eyes---and I would just about give a LEG for a red Fiber Optic front sight for my C model. Then I could use in in IDPA..

IMO if Caracal can get pistols flowing in the US, with a steady supply of parts it will be a winner, as far as sales go!!!