LEO Duty holster for the Caracal F ?? NEW UPDATE WTIH PICS**

Discussion in 'Accessories & Gear' started by Motorjock721, Jul 10, 2012.

1. Motorjock721

Motorjock721 New Member

I recently obtained my "F" model last week, shot it, loved it. I am going to qualify this Thursday with it. My problem is that I havent found a Duty holster to carry it in. At my dept, we only use Safariland Duty gear. I carry a 6280 SLS holster for my FN right now.

I have been back and forth with Safariland this past week. One Customer service rep. didnt even know what a Caracal was. My information was sent to one of their R&D guys and I received a phone call from him today.

I explained that there was a need for Safariland to produce a Duty holster for this gun. I predict that once Caracal gets a foot hold here in the US, that it will be a popular pistol to carry on duty, not only for LEO's, but for the general public.

The R&D guy advised he will bring up the idea at the weekly meeting. He even said that if production of a new holster for this gun isnt fesiable right now, they would look at modifying an existing holster to make it work.

If someone from Caracal-USA is on this forum, please send a blue gun or a sample to Safariland so they can at least have something to go with. I cant wait to be able to carry this On Duty :)

Thanks

2. jdeloach

jdeloach New Member

Re: LEO Duty holster for the Caracal F ??

I did find that my Caracal holsters fit my FNS-9 like a glove......so maybe the reverse is true. I would try a duty holster made for a FNS or a FNX.
    Hope that helps.

3. Motorjock721

Motorjock721 New Member

I already tested my duty holster for the FNS. Doesnt fit. The Caracal (slide) is just a tad bit wider than the FN.

Still waiting on a response from Safariland. We will see. The size is so simular to the Glock, Im wondering if my gun will fit a Glock 21 (45) holster. My buddy at work carries one, I will have to see next time I see um.

I have a leather holster for a Glock 17/22 and it fits great, But one of my old duty holsters, The Caracal is just to wide (just a hair). Ill keep everyone posted.

4. Motorjock721

Motorjock721 New Member

Just an update for any other LEO's out there. I still havent received any follow up calls from Safariland in reference to a specific duty holster for the Caracal.

I went to G.T. Distributors(Dallas store) today to test fit my Caracal. As I originally figured,The design is very simular to a Glock, but it wouldnt fit into a Glock 17/22 holster. I found a Glock 20/21 holster which fit perfect, (6280 model). They didnt have a left handed basketweave and I was told it would be a couple of weeks to get one from Safariland,,,,,bummer.

I got home and hit the internet and found one holster on line,,, so in 3-5 business day, I get to start carrying my Caracal on duty. :)

I will post some pics when everything gets done.

5. Predecessor

Predecessor New Member

Re: LEO Duty holster for the Caracal F ?? UPDATE !!! GOOD NE

congrats! Looking forward to pics :D

6. Auguste Capone

Auguste Capone New Member

Awesome! Looking forward to the pics as well. :cool:

7. jaybee

jaybee New Member

Sweet!

8. Motorjock721

Motorjock721 New Member

Re: LEO Duty holster for the Caracal F ?? NEW UPDATE WTIH PI

The mailman arrived with my present. Fits perfect, ( just a couple of adjustments with the allen key to get it a little more snug). I go back to work next Monday, happy to carry my Caracal in uniform.

9. Auguste Capone

Auguste Capone New Member

Looks great!

10. Predecessor

Predecessor New Member

Nice. You are gonna make other LEO's jealous!