Late News From SHOT on Caracal

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 8th ID, Jan 28, 2012.

1. 8th ID

8th ID New Member

Just got a supply of SHOT SHOW freebies from my brother-in-law. Was surprised, and liked the fact that he picked me up a nice Caracal T-shirt and 2 nice Caracal caps. The only news I have is from a press release they were handing out.

Caracal's goal is to sell 10,000 pistols annually in the US. Seems kind of a lofty goal, but who knows. I think once they get out, and people know that Caracal is here to stay, they might begin to sell much more. I will say that, after shooting my C, I will be picking up a F when funds allow. So, I guess my 2 counts.

They said that the company expects to make additional products available in the US before the end of 2012. Could it be a .40 or .357 Sig?

2. okie67

okie67 Member

Great news about Caracal and nice score on the freebies!

3. 8th ID

8th ID New Member

Yeah, good news for us early owners. But maybe bad news down the road. I believe that when the Caracal takes off, and I believe it will, the pricing will increase.

I believe I'm going to go and get me a F model on layaway.

4. okie67

okie67 Member

I think they will stay around $500 or so any higher than that and people are gonna buy something else.Yeah Im glad I got both the F and C models,now im after extra mags.Im for sure gonna but another Caracal later this year hopefully :lol:

5. 8th ID

8th ID New Member

You're probably right about the price. But I have seen them on GunBroker for much more. I can find them at one place locally (Lexington, KY) for $459, either model. And mags are going for 34.99 regardless of the model.

6. Firewire

Firewire New Member

Lone Mountain is selling the mags for $25.

7. Firewire

Firewire New Member

8. okie67

okie67 Member

Hopefully I can get some off Waffen Werks,kinda hard to get ahold of those fellas there... :roll:

9. stmcelroy

stmcelroy New Member

But they only have like 4 mags left. On Thursday they had 6 extra mags and I bought 2 of them.

I've heard what wholesale is on the Caracal and if it is correct the guns should be selling for $425-475, if they can do that I believe market share will increase. If they go back to the $550 MAP pricing then they won't be around for long.

Look at the Walther PPQ, at $500-ish it's selling really well closer to $600 and they just sit on the shelf.

10. apvbguy

apvbguy New Member

out of stock