keeping my c-qs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by husia, Feb 23, 2014.

1. husia

husia New Member

I like my C-QS and haven't seen any reason to return it. Are others keeping theirs? Has any official reason been given for the recall? Am I obligated to return it? Thanks for any fresh insights...

2. N.M.Edmands

N.M.Edmands New Member

All were being bought back without replacement, but now that they are introducing the CP661 and 662 series perhaps something else is workable. I have no idea myself , but call
    For USA Customers Contact us at +205-655-7050 or info@caracal-usa.com
    For International Customers Contact us ar +971 4 21 22 055 or recall@caracal.ae
    and talk to them.

3. portern

portern New Member

I know a couple Caracal owners locally are definitely keeping their guns. I just scored a Caracal C off gunbroker and will also definitely not be shipping her off to be destroyed with indifference. By no means are you REQUIRED to turn something in that is recalled. if you talk to Caracal, they'll definitely push you to turn in an old one, though.

4. Ivan244

Ivan244 New Member

Yep unfortunately I turned mine in before I really delved into the safety recall. Now I wish I would have kept it. Especially since Caracal may not have the CP 661 out to US market until 2015 :(

5. portern

portern New Member

At SHOT, they said fourth quarter of 2014 at the earliest. so probably 2015 is right...

Watch Gun Broker, though. They've had some good deals on Caracal's lately. other than the one that's on there right now for 700+ or whatever it is.

6. KYclear

KYclear New Member

Still have my C.

7. omroi2001

omroi2001 New Member

I kept mine, even though they sent me packaging. I love my C-QS. It shoots nicely. Infact, I'm taking mine out to the range tommorow.

8. Coriano

Coriano New Member

Shooting IPSC with Caracal C QS

Hello everyone,
    I still shooting the gun every weekend.
    I have written many times Caracal and I have not received a response.
    I think it is an excellent weapon, but I do not recommend to make dry fire practice (It broke the firing pin twice)
    I have posted several videos on youtube, here are the links:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsczV8RXMgI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBPWsUerkDk

I welcome your comments
    Bye.

9. jhb

jhb New Member

I think you fellows keeping your c's is fine as non shooting collection only. Those of y'all shooting them hopefully won't be sorry one day. If y'all think it's worth the risk...... So be it.

No company would do what caracal did if they weren't positive the gun was flawed in design and production quality. Sure maybe yours is the statistical low chance of being a good one...but are you really willing to take that gamble? Not here to argue....just seeing bad ideas tossed around and it's sad an idiot like me is trying to be the voice of reason and safety. So be it...I did my best to save your eyeballs from being lost and skulls from being cracked open.;)

10. husia

husia New Member

I agree with you that the main evidence of a problem with the gun is the recall itself. That's why I was originally asking if anyone knew of any official reason for the recall. When you talk about "no company would do what caracal did" you're coming from the western corporate mindset where it's the accountants that make recall vs casualty decisions. My (very humble) opinion is that Caracal has very deep pockets and very specific long-term plans that are not indigenous to the western corporate mindset, and my further opinion, on which I am comfortable betting my eyeballs and skull, is that my C-QS is exactly as safe and dependable as I thought it when I bought it. I started this thread to challenge my views on this and I haven't heard anything to make me reconsider. Thank you for your reply.

11. KYclear

KYclear New Member

My particular serial number was recalled for possibly firing if dropped while a round is chambered. I've never dropped a gun. I chambered a snap cap in mine and repeatedly dropped it to see if the striker would strike. I didn't care about scratching it because at the time I had planned on sending in. Not once did the striker hit the dummy round. I know that doesn't exactly prove anything. However my C is the best shooting striker fired polymer I've tried and I've either shot or owned them all except a Steyr. I am as accurate with my C as any of my 1911s and that's saying something. I only use it at the range so I'm not worried about it.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2014
  12. jhb

jhb New Member

there is a fellow in Pakistan who almost lost an eye and had his slide crack and slam into his head. Pakistan has no western legal recourse and they recalled the guns there. First time in history any gun maker has ever did that...according to the Pakistan shooters. It's the real deal caracal got involved over at that site.

There is also a fellow here in the states who had his gun fall and fire. It started the first recall. These were not made up problems. Caracal didn't over react because of western legal stuff. They took forever to handle the problem. We all sat and waited for quite awhile not a few months. Plenty of comments here delaying back through the whole process on old threads.

I get your point of view and that's fine. I was just trying to bring some safety into this. I'm all for personal freedom so I'm fine with y'all taking this risk....but I couldn't have slept if I didn't try to warn y'all. I did my good deed.

13. husia

husia New Member

I was aware of the isolated anecdotal incidents and the general appearances of the situation, but I think there's something different going on than general appearances suggest. That's why I originally asked if there had been any official reason given. There is, as I recall ;-) , very trustworthy evidence pointing to the safety and reliability of the guns and really nothing of substance suggesting otherwise. I'm not building a case here or anything, I just really wanted to make sure I wasn't being an idiot by deciding to keep mine, and now I'm satisfied that, at least in this regard, I'm probably not. I appreciate everyone's views on this, and my own personal conclusion is that the gun is fine and something else is going on. Thanks

14. jhb

jhb New Member

On pakguns Caracal uae made some comments about the recall and why. Caracal usa just said all recalled and not fixable.

sounds like ya made up your mind...so be it. Its still a bad idea to do the opposite of what the maker says and their engineering and testing says. Just be extra safe..maybe wear a helmet and hockey mask.;) I've said my peace....I'll leave it be. At least we are creating some traffic back on this site..and that ain't a bad thing.

15. Coriano

Coriano New Member

C qs

When I knew Caracal alert, my gun had thousands of rounds (do not think it's just luck).
    I wrote many times by email without any effective response.
    I know a F model that shoot it alone, but any model C.
    The fault in my gun by dry firing practice (I don´t do any more), because is very difficult, almost impossible to get replacement parts.
    I can not understand how these guns that were filed in the U.S. only in 2012, and are all discontinued and replaced by other new models.
    I trust my gun, but not in the company Caracal
    Regards

16. Coriano

Coriano New Member

My new gun

I want to say that I keep my gun still Caracal C QS as a weapon of self-defense, sporting purposes but decided to go with an STI EDGE .40
    The adaptation has been strong, the mechanisms change much, but every day I like more. JJ Racaza something stopped competing with CARACAL, if Tanfoglio pistols dominate the IPSC Production division.
    I went to the IPSC STANDARD category.

Here is another video: [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZiIKNDXTj4[/ame]

Regards

17. Coriano

Coriano New Member

Idpa national championship 2015

I STILL SHOOTING MY CARACAL C QS

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oUPKTcbOsc[/ame]

4TH PLACE IN SSP - MARKSMAN